Very Dry In Clermont and not just the weather !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke going to try and get up to WC within the next week or two hopefully, hence working still at this hour :rolleyes: When are you going back and have you tried Dells Hole and the other couple of areas around there ?
RG are you on the road yet ? If so what direction are you heading ?

Hi Bogger, no I haven't been different places around Georgetown. I prefer to know one place well, that gives me more chances then running around places randomly. But I'm happy to have a look around eventually.I just thought WC would give biggest chances as it's opened (officially) only 3rd season. Anyway I believe that there were heaps of detectorists before.
Might go again next week.

Trying to get away Luke but having trouble getting a rack made for quad ...................... they want four weeks before they start and outlandish prices :eek: After ringing around for two days the outcome was .................. build it myself, in fact probably could have built it in the time wasted on the phone :mad:
Still hope to get up there by the end of the fortnight. Tried ringing a few stations but can't get thru at this point. Might be a scoop to be the first on the land with the new "Super Coil" ;) The'll go that deep will have to bring this with me
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ZUW1PMnVBX6euXUFQ&sig2=HrvFhFllLXyGrqaiwoNL_A

Let us know when you leave to go back up?
:)

RG where are you ????????????? Gone quiet ya must be onto the mother load :p :p :p

Hey champ no mothr load havn even had em out for a swing were rattling our way up to the cape at presnt for a week or so then mite hav alook at palmer on way back then all goin well across to wc area aftr that ... qaud a ? M8 wen we were at wc i thnk we were the only ones without one ..looks like it still will be lol .. but they are def the go in those spots will be wathn for u postn that mega find lol ... :D

How's Peninsula road Rusty, how far did you go? I I've been thinking about Wenlock but a bit worried about conditions of the road. Don't have a 4wd.
1470227310_screenshot_2016-08-03-22-27-54.jpg

Rusty time wise might meet you there ? (WC) I would be gone by now but couldn't find anyone to do the rack so have taken it on myself. All but done just need to paint and it's finished ..................... and about 2K cheaper I might add.
So how are the corrugations .................... always best to equip the ladies with a sports bra as it gets quite painful I believe ;) They were not to bad when I was there recently but it all depends how long since being graded that your travelling.
So Luke when are you back in Western Creek also? Spoke to the lady / owner yesterday from Dells Hole and must say a lovely person to speak with and could not have been more friendly or helpful. Have tried calling WC a few times but keep missing them :(
:)

Bad Reception over there.Wanted to do a bit more research before going again but can't get vol5 (A tour of the Georgetown mining district) of Gold and ghosts anywhere. Nearest library having the book is Townsville. Don't you wanna stop there on your way up and share a copy? :D

Townsville ? ................... I run inland Luke, actually probably straight up and thru Clermont which will be pretty busy not this week but next due to the Coal and Gold Festival. It's the centenary since the big flood up there so should be a big one and will be most interested to see the bullion that flows from the area ;)
On the reception side any phone service on the station at all or in the area ? Looking forward to it :D
On the book Luke have you been looking under Gold and Ghosts Vol 5 or A Tour Of The Georgetown Mining District by De Havelland ? In my findings the purists are saying no Vol 5 ever released ???? They are golden books at a golden price but given the praise all give them must be pretty good references. I hope to find a set at every garage sale I go to :D
Full set of five for $2500 on Ebay and also a mint copy of TOUR of THE GEORGETOWN MINING DISTRICT $825 :eek: We should get three or four of us together and purchase one and share it round ?

Hi Bogger. No reception at all on the station of WC.Need to climb big hill (been there, done that, don't recommend) or go back about 4km.
A tour of the Georgetown mining district is actually vol5 of the Gold and Ghosts.
Yes, if few people get together and purchase and share the one then can resell and split back money if no one interested to keep it.
1470262075_screenshot_2016-08-04-08-00-04.jpg

Thanks Luke .................. probably be a good thing having no contact.
Picked up the new toy today and I hope I don't get it dirty :) :D Looked hard at second hand but weight being a decider most of the older Quads are pretty beefy and 350kg and upwards wet ............... even this weighs in at 273 wet. Just waiting on ramps and good to go ................ racks finished.
RG and wife let us know when you have an idea of when you will be back at WC ? ;)

1470370831_quad_dash.jpg

Luke said:
Hey Bogger. I'm heading to WC tonight. Btw got G&G vol4&5.

Read bugger here......................in fact double bugger. Had my ramps picked up this arvo and expect them by Wed next week :rolleyes: That's all I'm waiting on basically as I can get it on this end with a fork but might have trouble jumping it off at the other :D
Now MATE ............................ regards the G&G .................... share with ya friends now ;)
So will probably miss you while your there this time ? How long you staying ?

Planning at least one week, if happy maybe even longer. Share G&G with friends? Well, we have to become official friends then :D

Luke said:
Planning at least one week, if happy maybe even longer. Share G&G with friends? Well, we have to become official friends then :D

No probs ................... will try and time it so can catch up with you there if not this time next time . Wish I was as close as you to the nuggets :(

Digger well done and great result Put a smile on your face and set you up for a return trip no doub't ?
What machine were you using oh and hang on ............................ do you have gps co ordinates :D :D :D :eek: ;)

Cheers bogger iv got a 5000 with n/f 16" mono finds sub gramers no problem will head out again soon enough few other place further south id like to try around Gilberton as for the gps location its locked away upstairs mate haha

No problem ................... have a few nugget finder coils myself (very happy with them) and picked up a brand new 18" advantage open the other day for $190 BARGAIN it was. Re WC looks like it's certainly a "go to" at this point in time. What's the country like apart from dusty that is :|
Digger are you located South or North of WC
Cheers

Hey luke road is 90 prcent 90km 10percnt pretty ordinary we went all the went all the way to the tip boggr my new truk aint so new anymore lol... luke you will no wuzz in 2wd jus let your tyres down to softn the blows lol seen pleny ov nomads dragn there vans rite to the top .not that we did an i def woodn recomend it to anyone i like lol...bogr wats the go on palmr is it worth goin in for a swing we will in that area in the nxt cupla days ?????? As for wc we r hopn to b thereish in a week or 2 so may catch u there if nuthn else good camp an friendly peeps ..also is there much free ground in palmer ??

Yea bogger good buy mate yea lot of small hills a bit red soils couple of leases on the station aswell few steep banks/drop offs..im located in cairns mate how bout yourself?

Latest posts