Very Dry In Clermont and not just the weather !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We left to head north on the 24th May.

1st stop over Clermont for a couple of days husband and I both found gold both days he with his JP 7000 and me with my trust worthy 4800

We had not stopped at Clermont the previous years because roomers had it, it was dry no gold flogged and so on.

Im going back first chance I get.
K-M

Kim
Glad you had some luck as also I did but many walk away with zero and it's not due to lack of trying :( As for rumours your best to not believe them as this report is based on what I found not what I was told :)

I've run into plenty of people telling me places are flogged out or dry of gold because they only found a couple ounces for their efforts. I suppose it's relative. I'd be happy with less but some people have probably had a taste of the past and are disenchanted when they don't come home with an ounce each day like they used to. Suppose if you compare Clermont to some of the other designated fossicking areas in oz it doesn't fare too poorly.

Nuggetino yes interesting point as this thread was based on comparing what members are finding on each day out in the triangle for example against my own finds and other people I had met and spoken with whilst in Clermont. The time spent against amount found certainly wasn't as plentiful as the triangle or what members are showing they are finding in the average day out ? (Going on what I see on the board here) I scored with each visit but put in the hours dawn to dusk to do so, but some had spent weeks there without a find also :(
Next week I'm trying an area South of Clermont outside of the GPA's so could be good to get a comparison.
Ounces ? I only need the little bits to keep me interested yellow is yellow :)

Bogger, we just spent a week in clermont and got around 170 nuggets. My best day was 39 nugs with not a single day where we didnt get anything.
If you are going to clermont it is a must to go and see jonathan and freida for training and advice.
I refuse to believe that someone with a good machine and good knowledge cant find gold there.
P.s my gold tally far outweighed my trash tally and my holes were backfilled. :)

Looks like a top spot and I myself have heard and seen the results from Clermont.
On my Bucket list so leave some for me. LOL
On a lighter note, May I ask that our rules are read and are quite clear on promotion of
Business Activities.
If the Business operator is interested, Please approach the Forum Administrator or PM a
Mod.
We love site sponsors. :) :)
Kind Thanks.

Shingles said:
Bogger, we just spent a week in clermont and got around 170 nuggets. My best day was 39 nugs with not a single day where we didnt get anything.
If you are going to clermont it is a must to go and see jonathan and freida for training and advice.
I refuse to believe that someone with a good machine and good knowledge cant find gold there.
P.s my gold tally far outweighed my trash tally and my holes were backfilled. :)

Shingles that is a pretty damn impressive tally without doub't ;) Someone must have been using nuggets for shot in their shotties
One that myself and all I spoke with couldn't match if we totalled the lot found between us :) Anyways on and upward as they say, I'm currently coastal (It's a glorious morning a man wouldn't be dead for quids ............... love the view from my current back door) just north of Cairns about 280 K's short of the Palmer River area so my mate Tom tells me and will head back thru Clermont late next week so I better leave some room for the big nuggets hey ?
Will be interesting to compare time spent to amount found in the different areas, especially when one will be private land the other a GPA as I should imagine traffic over it must play a role :cool:
Happy hunting :)
ps Have a spanking new Z and a 5000 plus an SDC back up so as long as the brain can match the machinery I should have all bases covered :|
1466637329_navara_amp_tambo.jpg

Sounds like a magic trip bogger! A bit jealous because im currently sitting at work.
You definitely have the right tools for the job, the problem with clermont is that there is alot of ground to cover and our success comes from our search method more than anything else
Pm me if you like- always happy to help. :)

P.s we got quantity not quality. Largest was 2.8g

Yes it's a beautiful part of the world and no matter how many times I have been here it's always strange looking at beautiful beaches with no one on them. But when one awakens and can see where "old salty" has been during the night it reminds one as to why ? You would have to be a game man to sleep in a swag anywhere north of Mackay I reckon :eek: The big boss ain't happy as it's my third trip in two months .................... told her it could be worse in that I could play golf and it would then probably be every weekend that she lost me :D
Appreciate the offer and will let you know how I go ;)

Tathradj said:
On a lighter note, May I ask that our rules are read and are quite clear on promotion of
Business Activities.
If the Business operator is interested, Please approach the Forum Administrator or PM a
Mod.
We love site sponsors. :) :)
Kind Thanks.

I've not been promoting my business on this site intentionally other than showing people that gold IS coming out of Clermont this year. I've not looked at the sponsorship arrangements here so apologies if my posting here has contravened any rules.

JP

Apology accepted Jonathan. :)
We are very approachable. :)
And Thank You for your polite response.

Was talking to this bloke as he shared my toasted sanger and he told me he had a mate in Clermont ? I replied yes I think I met him :/
You reckon that talon couldn't open you up like a can opener :rolleyes:

1466898001_me_mate_from_palmer_3.jpg

Machines are loving it up here playing lovely tunes ..................... they must have been being effected by the shadow of the Tropic of Capricorn before :D :D :D

Not sure I have time to go thru this lot .................. ;)
1467628700_clermont_tailings_2.jpg

1467630423_clermont_tailings_6.jpg

North and a bit further North it's Gold....en country indeed ;)
1467629563_ants_homes.jpg

1467629610_west_cooktown.jpg

The wild adventure will soon be nothing more than a long drive 8.( ........................ last time here this was a rocky troublesome river crossing :)
1467630237_daintree_4.jpg

Well after a few more days strolling around the GPA's I'm sure GPA must stand for Gold Pieces Absent :D :D Luckily enough a friend of a friend who knows a bloke ;) that has allowed me some private land access ...................... so now the gold gods indeed do smile again and I'm smiling along with them :) Early start as last day here, like all good things must come to an end.
RG are you up north still ?

Redfin said:
Keep an eye on JP's facebook page, seems like a steady flow, but nothing big.

https://www.facebook.com/JonathanPorter.TheOutbackProspector

Thanks for that Redfin and yes a trickle is probably appropriate ;) but once you can jump the boundary fence (would have said I'd jumped the fence but that could indeed create a connotation) :p its like a whole new world out there :D :D certainly enough to make me hang another day or two ;)

Bogger, cross the place off your list. There must be far better places to go to hunt the yella. I spent a few days there some time ago and came up with what you found.......zip. And I wasn't the only at that time either. I vowed I would never return to the place. Much better to put time and effort into some place that may give some return. Good luck with your research. Just keep telling

Tassie Daz said:
Bogger, cross the place off your list. There must be far better places to go to hunt the yella. I spent a few days there some time ago and came up with what you found.......zip. And I wasn't the only at that time either. I vowed I would never return to the place. Much better to put time and effort into some place that may give some return. Good luck with your research. Just keep telling
..must agree, if driving to Clermont might be worth of to drive a bit further. Unless they open new ground, a new GPA.
When I compare my visit in Clermont to visit in Georgetown, few days in each destination with big difference in yellow!

Luke said:
if driving to Clermont might be worth of to drive a bit further. Unless they open new ground, a new GPA.
When I compare my visit in Clermont to visit in Georgetown, few days in each destination with big difference in yellow!

Would be inclined to agree especially after the past few days being able to swing on the other side of the fence as in outside the GPA boundary as certainly the time spent was much more rewarding without a doubt ;) ;) ;)

..exactly, other side of the fence is much more productive ;) otherwise waste of the time.
But I'm sure JP would disagree :)

Latest posts