Very Dry In Clermont and not just the weather !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke was it private land access you had in the Georgetown area ? Extremely hard around Clermont to find any one willing to let you on their land and was only a stroke of luck that I happened to help out the right bloke at the right time and he hence then returned me a favor . When told a few examples of the liberties taken by some it's fully understandable as to why it's so hard at times to gain access. Sad really as once trust is gained the country hospitality then extended is second to non. To me mate in the hat ....................... thanks again ;)

I've been at Western creek and heading there again in few days.This is only 3rd season since opening. Heard that lot's of gold came from there first two years after opening, massive new timers gold rush ;)

Luke said:
I've been at Western creek and heading there again in few days.This is only 3rd season since opening. Heard that lot's of gold came from there first two years after opening, massive new timers gold rush ;)
Sounds like an idea ;) A little south of Clermont trying a place and then may head back up there................. what's another couple of thousand K's when a man could be dead tomorrow :lol:

Luke said:
;) would be nice to meet you there, Bogger. I'll make sure some yellow will left for you :cool:

Sounds like a plan ....................... will see how I go :)
Damn cold out here in the hills but I'm sure as the sun comes up and reflects of the golden yella it will warm one ;) Have to keep an eye on the weather as wouldn't take much rain to get stuck in here it's mountain goat country at best :/

Hey bogger we are back in the cold south again for a bit .did westn creek found a bit nothing to start a gold rush thats for sure lol but mrs an the sdc beat me again ....o well mum said she was a gold diggr wen we got hitchd ...o well we are re riggin for the nxt round just traded the ute on a new cruiser an will be hedn to the cape latr in the month mite chek out the palmer on the way then doin a lap again but will b a bit more time in wa to try to relieve them of some of their yellow stuff im sure they can spare it lol.how did u fair in the nrth ? Was the drive worth it ? :eek:

Good to hear from you RG When you say back as in back in HB ?
Cruiser wagon or workmate ? Good on you and the mighty Sdc for funding the new rig lmao
Back in Clermont last night actually after a few good but bloody cold days around Monal :p Have a few interesting fireside tales to tell. ;) Will pm you.

May go further north again to catch up with Luke if time permits Found free camping at Clermont which is a real bonus as it beats the $30 a night rip at caravan park and also the 30 plus k drive from the alternative Theresa Creek. Have already ran into a couple of top old diggers which makes for a pleasant change to the norm ;) Learning and learning more each day and have got one fact down solid which is that it doesn't matter how good the machine or the bloke behind it if there is no yella under the coil it just doesn't work 8.(
OK nearly 6 and have to go pick up the great fresh bread you get from local bakery here for the paddock sangers and then out to pick up all those horse shoes and other rubbish you left for me you kind person :D
Might run into me old mate emu :(
Good to hear you struck it bloke and the boss also of course :)
Cheers

G'day guys, I am packed and ready to go, but can't decide which way?! Western creek, Palmer,..or Wenlock. Still waiting what sort of weather is coming.

Well looks like it won't be dry in Clermont for much longer :) Locals are saying big rain coming Thursday 4 inches type of rain :mad:
Probably close the gpa's not that it will make much difference to the tally :) :) :)

Hey bogger yeh back in hb had to sort some stuff out before the next trip. decided to go hog on the tug gxl 79 series ute mmmm v8 jus gota find a truck load of yella to pay for it lol . Modify my canopy extending an rooftop tent etc of the colly hopefully back on the road end of next week if all goes good .whats the road into palmer like ute an tent or drag the van in ? also is there much gp areas or need to recon sum land ? Sounds like you got an extended hall pass off mrs or are you both on the hunt for the elusive stuff ... ;)

Looking dark and dismal here with rain forecast for 3 days solid :mad: Great for the farmers and who knows may wash out some of the elusive gold nuggets from their hiding places? :D
Found a piece today looks like the state of Qld (a very small state he hastens to add )
8)
RG probably leave van at road house as its to nice to dent :) Any rain would also make it a definite to not tow into Palmer
Kroombit Tops on the way back up here got that tight it tore the snap fasteners of the storage lockers on the side of the camper. You could say a few places were a tight squeeze and wife was super happy when car had a little rest against the embankment on her side :| I told her she should have folded the mirror in at least ;)
:)

Bogger said:
Looking dark and dismal here with rain forecast for 3 days solid :mad: Great for the farmers and who knows may wash out some of the elusive gold nuggets from their hiding places? :D
Found a piece today looks like the state of Qld (a very small state he hastens to add )
8)
RG probably leave van at road house as its to nice to dent :) Any rain would also make it a definite to not tow into Palmer
Kroombit Tops on the way back up here got that tight it tore the snap fasteners of the storage lockers on the side of the camper. You could say a few places were a tight squeeze and wife was super happy when car had a little rest against the embankment on her side :| I told her she should have folded the mirror in at least ;) It's real mountain goat country and bloody freezing this time of year.
:)

Yeh m8 wood be chilly as up there was 15 years since i was in that area did you go for a walk an find the plane wreck ? Also bloody bice view from the lookout .

Yeah old Betsy ........................ it wouldn't start ? Must have had a flat battery :rolleyes:
So RG would you recommend Western Creek ? Worth the drive ? Looking for somewhere that has gold in the ground as pickings were slim again in the GPA's ................... a guy had been there a month with a Z and had just under 3 grams another bloke with a Z had zip so I didn't feel alone :lol:
They leave a bit of rubbish behind when the gold runs out. (Old 10 head stamper @ Monal now a ghost town)
1468497094_monal_stamper.jpg

1468498746_old_engines.jpg

You have to love this country but :)
1468498446_kroombit_tops.jpg

Can't decide if this gold offering that the mighty SDC unearthed at McMasters is either a map of QLD or my final salute to Clermont :D Speaking of which it's raining and supposed to do so for next couple of days. :(
1468497435_gold_finger.jpg

Look at this beautiful nugget Bogger, and you whinging that Clermont is dry! :D
So are you going to WC? I might start driving that direction tomorrow I suppose...still undecided

Just thinking maybe if they push-dozer 20" off all old GPA's ground then might be good for next 30 years again :lol:
JP should organize it otherwise can close his shop soon :(

Luke said:
Look at this beautiful nugget Bogger, and you whinging that Clermont is dry! :D
So are you going to WC? I might start driving that direction tomorrow I suppose...still undecided

Luke just got back after a 1000 K run today and its wet and wet up there for the next few days, locals are talking up to 100 mil over next 3 days. :eek:
Sorting a few things then off again but not sure which direction as yet ................. will be weather pending.
Let us know which way you go but just checked radar and the rain basically chased me south ward home which truckies were confirming on the radio.

As for the "nugget" and honestly ya cannot call that a nugget :| yeah might buy a new car ;) ...................... well maybe a plastic valve cap for the new car :D
Can you see it ? Would fit fifty of them on a five cent piece and probably be lucky to register on the scales 8.(Credit to the SDC once again but.)
1468509250_qld_5_cent.jpg

Here ya go Luke ........................ the "Nugget" in the light of day :D :D :D and that's a 5 cent coin not a 20 :/

1468534703_the_nugget.jpg

Currently Clermont is indeed wet and getting wetter and is forcast to remain this way for the next few days, so did the right thing by bailing out yesterday as that's not the wet I'd like to get ;)
I also believe they shut the GPA's when wet ? If you decide to go pm me and will let you know where you can get free camping as basically it saves you a couple of hundred a week :)

1468534951_clermont_weather.jpg

Mmmm wet an shity everywere by the looks dont no if i will go to wc again lots of guys with a lot more experience than me were scrachin to find it ..but bloody nice camp good peeps an owners ot the station real friendly mite give Georgetown or forsythe a go on way past if it works out time an weather wise how much longr in the nrth for you bogger ?

Latest posts