service isnt dead

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all been a while but I thought I would tell you my little experiance with regaurds to my garrett Axium , I bought an Axium second hand from a forum member love it by the way, anyway was out with it just before xmas and noticed that the control panal was lose had a look and the joint between the panal and the handle had seperated a few ********** later i went to see Phil at Prospectors dept Eaglehake ,he said for me to contact Garrett as thats what he would have to do so he called them and gave me the phone ,thay asked me for some pics and they would call me back no problem sent the pics and I was serprised when my phone rang 10 minuets latter it was Garrett here we go I thought LOL hi Pete had a look at the pics no Problem only thing is we are closing for xmas today but will get you a loan machine to you so you have a machine to use while we sort yours out , this they did it arrive two days after xmas I was pleased with that anyway waited to see the outcome a few weeks later was contacted by them and was told sorry its taken so long but the head office wanted to see the machine to find out what went wronge so waited a couple of weeks and got a phone call hi Pete got the results of the problem it was a contaminate in the resin that was used and seams that it was only on a couple of machines mine being one ,they appolagised for the inconveniance and they are replacing The machine with a brand new one so as i said they back their product and I was treated very respectfully returd their machine and my NEW one is on the way back , and they have a very happy owner ,wonder how i would have got on if it had been a 6000 lol . Good to see there is still customer service by some companys . PP

Hi all been a while but I thought I would tell you my little experiance with regaurds to my garrett Axium , I bought an Axium second hand from a forum member love it by the way, anyway was out with it just before xmas and noticed that the control panal was lose had a look and the joint between the panal and the handle had seperated a few ********** later i went to see Phil at Prospectors dept Eaglehake ,he said for me to contact Garrett as thats what he would have to do so he called them and gave me the phone ,thay asked me for some pics and they would call me back no problem sent the pics and I was serprised when my phone rang 10 minuets latter it was Garrett here we go I thought LOL hi Pete had a look at the pics no Problem only thing is we are closing for xmas today but will get you a loan machine to you so you have a machine to use while we sort yours out , this they did it arrive two days after xmas I was pleased with that anyway waited to see the outcome a few weeks later was contacted by them and was told sorry its taken so long but the head office wanted to see the machine to find out what went wronge so waited a couple of weeks and got a phone call hi Pete got the results of the problem it was a contaminate in the resin that was used and seams that it was only on a couple of machines mine being one ,they appolagised for the inconveniance and they are replacing The machine with a brand new one so as i said they back their product and I was treated very respectfully returd their machine and my NEW one is on the way back , and they have a very happy owner ,wonder how i would have got on if it had been a 6000 lol . Good to see there is still customer service by some companys . PP
I don't think the service would have been much different with a 6000 although getting a loaner machine so quick at Xmas was good 👍
The sad thing is we see more "great service" type comments now than comments praising these detectors for being fault free for many years. Says a lot about current manufacturing & QC practices IMO.

I don't think the service would have been much different with a 6000 although getting a loaner machine so quick at Xmas was good 👍
The sad thing is we see more "great service" type comments now than comments praising these detectors for being fault free for many years. Says a lot about current manufacturing & QC practices IMO.
That's why I bought an axium not a 6000

Good outcome. That's the second one I know of.

Latest posts