Very Dry In Clermont and not just the weather !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rustygold said:
Mmmm wet an shity everywere by the looks dont no if i will go to wc again lots of guys with a lot more experience than me were scrachin to find it ..but bloody nice camp good peeps an owners ot the station real friendly mite give Georgetown or forsythe a go on way past if it works out time an weather wise how much longr in the nrth for you bogger ?

Back home at the moment RG ...saw what was coming last week and figured outta here, as the locals buying up on supplies is always a good sign of whats to come ? Heading North again in a few days as soon as it drys out a little but not to far North just checking on a hunch in the hills that I think may just be the Eldorado :rolleyes: How's the rig going ? All done ? When do you head off again ?
:)

Yeh all good bit slower that hoped but shood b on the road in anuther week ...fingrs crossd lol... get desprate for a swing on some good ground aftr all that rain up nrth i rekon the nxt hurdle will be bloody grass lol .. o well tomoros anuther day uprite so shoodnt complain a ....elderado a o well if you hit it big an you need sumone to help haul it all out giv us a buzz :D

rustygold said:
Yeh all good bit slower that hoped but shood b on the road in anuther week ...fingrs crossd lol... get desprate for a swing on some good ground aftr all that rain up nrth i rekon the nxt hurdle will be bloody grass lol .. o well tomoros anuther day uprite so shoodnt complain a ....elderado a o well if you hit it big an you need sumone to help haul it all out giv us a buzz :D

You might have to get the wife to swap the SDC for a whipper snipper and get her to walk along in front of you ? > Good luck with that :rolleyes:
Agree with you 100% on the "good ground" finding gold but would like some that doesn't look like it's came out of flies bum :/
Just organising work and awaiting a few bits and pieces to arrive myself and will be off up past you hopefully by the end of the week.
Luke have you gone yet or decided where to go ?
Let us know if you find some where that keeps you entertained (You going to head North or West this time ? ) and I'll bring the wheel barrow ;) ;) ;)

Just woke up few miles before Georgetown(heading to WC) so should be good weather since now on

Looks like all the Clermont GPA's are closed for vehicular access could be closed for a fair while till it drys up.

Luke said:
Just woke up few miles before Georgetown(heading to WC) so should be good weather since now on

So by now you would have a pocket full then Luke ? ;) Lets us know how you go ? Also do you need to pre book or can you just roll up swag in hand and pay at the gate so to speak ? GOOD LUCK and happy hunting.

Bigdog yes that the norm and why I got out of there as it started. It's like a skating rink in the Gpa's when wet plus farmer jack doesn't want his tracks ripped up and rightly so. Probably a few creeks you wouldn't get thru either after a decent drop.
Speaking of which I was talking to a guy today in one of the gold areas and was telling me of a young bloke that lost a Hilux in the creek last week ....................... had two hundred and eighty five K's only on the clock ............... brand spankers. Then just to top it off insurance said you drove into it so no claim will be recognized. Ya gotta love that ...... not :mad: Hell of a way to learn that just because it's a 4B it doesn't go everywhere :)

Luke how is Western Creek treating you ?
RG end of week how's the wheels coming along ? Ready to go ;)
Tit bit found ....................
1469150254_gold_specie.jpg

Weekend with the kids then prob hitn the road midd nxt week utes all done finishd wiring up the canopy today ..itchy feet need scratchn so nrth nrth we goes cape first (bucket list item ) then mite give Georgetown a go on the way to nt gotsa to find me sum sun wen its shiny u can see the gold lol !!!!!thinkin ov a look aruon nt for the yella b4 hedn to wa ? Unless u need a hand with elderado bogr ??

Hey boggr how do u load a photo on from a phone tried but cant seem to work it out ??? To old for this s@!t lol

Mate I usually just connect phone to comp as a media device then load from picture file on phone . Connect via usb or blue tooth
Re the Eldorado ...................... should know about Tue or Wed next week hopefully. Where can I buy some Kilo scales :D :D :D

Bogger said:
Luke said:

So by now you would have a pocket full then Luke ? ;) Lets us know how you go ? Also do you need to pre book or can you just roll up swag in hand and pay at the gate so to speak ? GOOD LUCK and happy hunting.

Bigdog yes that the norm and why I got out of there as it started. It's like a skating rink in the Gpa's when wet plus farmer jack doesn't want his tracks ripped up and rightly so. Probably a few creeks you wouldn't get thru either after a decent drop.
Speaking of which I was talking to a guy today in one of the gold areas and was telling me of a young bloke that lost a Hilux in the creek last week ....................... had two hundred and eighty five K's only on the clock ............... brand spankers. Then just to top it off insurance said you drove into it so no claim will be recognized. Ya gotta love that ...... not :mad: Hell of a way to learn that just because it's a 4B it doesn't go everywhere :)
No need to pre-book, just pay at the gate as you arrive.
Was healthy to be off internet and reception for a while at WC.
Last short session for me tomorrow and after 5 days which yielded about 15g heading back to Cairns.
Might give Palmer a go after some break.
How are you doing?

1469427075_20160725_160737.jpg

Actually 14g and after cleaning probably around 10g. Spoke to a bloke who spent 1week and found non (z7000).Few others similar results so I'm happy with my result.

Luke top effort and certainly covers a lot of fuel .................. I'd be smiling :)
Just got back and not so good :( but was more an R & D trip than find. The hills are that steep you can barely stand let alone walk up them. Tossing up about going tomorrow south but will certainly give you a yell when heading up to Western Creek which looks like a must do ;) Again well done.
A pic of the country ................. some inquisitive cows and I'm not posting the 4B turtled in a washout as would be :8 to say the least but lets say without a winch would have been a long stay as was literally in the middle of poo creek.

1469523270_view_from_c_d.jpg

1469522889_hilltop_view_at_c.jpg

Who's watching Ya ?

1469522938_who_s_lookin_at_ya_cows.jpg

Nice finds Luke. Far out, that flat folded bit, I found an almost identical one here in SA when testing out the 4500 many years back.

Luke after the recent trip into mountain goat country looking at a quad bike :rolleyes: ..................... can you run these at Western Creek to get around or is it open enough to drive a 4B to where you wish to go ?

Bogger, plenty of people use quad bikes in WC. I have a dirt bike. But 4wd should do, sometimes a road is rough and water worn but should get you around except maybe few places where you have to walk a bit.Even I have to walk when it gets bushy and hilly(but hey that's a price for gold) easy places don't produce much anymore. Every retired Billy and Henry have been there :)
PhaseTech WC produced lots of leaf gold (last time found five pieces) together with ironstone covered nuggets and specimans are being found over there too.

Latest posts