Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another day off ... Another early morning :rolleyes:
A bloke must be out of his mind :lol:
Anyway , was on the sand just after 6am
Here are the results after about 3-1/2 hours
1452910969_image.jpg

I hunted hard around the imerging sinkers but alas ... No gold ....
No jewelery at all this time, but $26 isnt a bad result

Hi Sandta,
After yesterday's great effort with the Sov, I'm thinking you had better go and give the 3030 a cuddle just to let it know it has not been made redundant LOL.
Cheers, SinHof.

How was it to go back to a tone detector so you are not looking at a screen all the time? I actually prefer it to the CTX, especially at night where your eyes have to constantly adjust. (Plus you can check out the bikinis in summer instead of looking towards your shoes!)

When i told SinHof on the phone i would be bringing my sovereign and not the 3030 ... You should have heard the shock in his voice :lol:
There were a few reasons leading to the choice, but the main reason is i am very comfortable (for lack of a better word right now) with the sovereign. my set up makes it ideal for the job and suits me perfectly.
... Yes Paul , its just too easy ;)
Heres just a few of the potential gold rings that were pulled from easy 18" - 24" ( as RJ can attest)
1473833696_image.jpg

And here is some of the lead found.... Look closely at the piece at the bottom , i only just noticed it too
1473833850_image.jpg

Sure its only a scrap piece of lead but still pretty interesting
1473834146_image.jpeg

Yes I was amazed at the depth the sov was detecting targets. In a few test swings over Sandta's targets the Deus gave barely a whisper but apparently on the "old" sovereign they where loud, clear targets. Impressive to say the least.

The Sovereigns just love the beach and do pull their weight even against more modern detectors ... but SA Bogan proved to me it doesn't see all as he identified a target and had me run the Sovereign over it and I couldn't hear a thing ... it was a shilling about 12 inches down - don't know if it was the way it was sitting in the sand but I was disappointed to see that I can walk over some targets and not detect them... not too disappointed though .. it wasn't a gold ring! (and the detector didn't cost me $3K) :)

Sandta said:
When i told SinHof on the phone i would be bringing my sovereign and not the 3030 ... You should have heard the shock in his voice :lol:
There were a few reasons leading to the choice, but the main reason is i am very comfortable (for lack of a better word right now) with the sovereign. my set up makes it ideal for the job and suits me perfectly.
... Yes Paul , its just too easy ;)
Heres just a few of the potential gold rings that were pulled from easy 18" - 24" ( as RJ can attest)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1473833696_image.jpg
And here is some of the lead found.... Look closely at the piece at the bottom , i only just noticed it too
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1473833850_image.jpg
Sure its only a scrap piece of lead but still pretty interesting
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3188/1473834146_image.jpeg
I dont think it's scrap lead looks like a surfer's backyard art maybe, give him a clean up and see what shows :)

H'mmmmm!!!!!!, "Miracle of the Christ Child formed in lead" interesting thought there Rocket.
SinHof.

Evening Sandta,
The Sov certainly pings the deep targets, particularly in the hands of an experienced operator, that's you, My next phase with the 3030 and particularly with the 17" coil will be to start paying more attention to those iffy sounding targets as well as the more obvious louder sounding targets, it's all part of the learning curve with a new detector/coil combination. I have found with my gold detecting detectors that it has generally taken at least a couple of hundred hours use to become reasonably confident with each machine and I can't see the 3030 being any different, particularly with its vast array of menus and setting combinations, all part of the detecting challenge with new gear.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hey Sandta, my first detector was as gt, still have it and take it as a back up to the ctx . Pull it out sometimes if I'm going into the swash . I know a lot of members will disagree with me , but in the water I think the sovereign has it over the ctx . I use it with a 15 inch attack nel coil and it goes well with the ground coverage also.

A mate of mine had ctx3030 and I challenged him to a competition . We divided the beach down to the water line in equal grids . The gt and ctx both did well and called a draw. I have the post on a US forum . At the end of the day I love the ctx , but I have a soft spot for the sovereign

Will consider a swap for all your silver coins Sandta lol .

That was a joke mate :)

Latest posts