Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ... the verdict is in
Just the one thrippy :rolleyes: still cant identify it
1528265511_img_8506.jpg

1950 half penny , US dime and the threepence
1528265597_img_8504.jpg

Well.... it's 92.5% silver
somewhere between 1910 & 1936
can not be 13, 29, 30, 31, 32, or33.

1528281863_screenshot_2018-06-06-20-43-31.jpg

:Y: :cool: :Y:

Well, another ECL has made itself felt,
so last night i made the 3+ hour round trip to see what i could come up with
As soon as i pulled up, i could see exactly where i was heading... a nice big cut
(Once i reached it , i wished i could have been here the day before.)
Oh well :rolleyes: i paid for fuel and got 3 silver rings (im happy with that :) )
1543621275_img_8705.jpg

1543621341_img_8706.jpg

1543621380_img_8707.jpg

1543621415_img_8709.jpg

Sandta, it's a 5hr trip for me but I was almost tempted to visit the rellies.
Was there much of a whash out - cut on the beaches with this storm? I had heard there were good high tides. Pitty the wind wasn't from the NE.
Goldtrapper.

Ha, a bit of deja vu :8
I just read my last post .... my last real beach outing
Well , with the ECL all over the news (and since i have the day off) i decided to swap my nice warm bed for a cold wet morning on the beach. :Y:
Living so far away , i had no real knowledge of what was happening with shifting sand ( except for a hint from Heatho)
So my first choice (my go to beach) was fully sanded in , bearing in mind what Heath had said , i took off for the most likely spot.
A quick glance over the rail and i was hurrying to get my act together.
As i was loading up with the "essentials" i suddenly realised i had left an inticate part of those essentials at home :mad:
(There was A LOT of self abusive name calling going on right at that point !)
Good thing no one was around ;)
Ok ... i jumped off the last step , down onto the sand , BAM ... first target was the '36 threepence
Unfortunately that was the only pre dec
I hunted in and around the exposed rocks and as you can see there were a few to be had
HOWEVER since i forgot my picks and pliers a lot of the targets still remain wedged in the nooks and crannies :(
You would think that having aprox 18 months between hunts .... 'TO PREPARE' , one would have their shit together :rolleyes: :lol:
Maybe next time :)
1590365131_img_9650.jpg

1590365165_img_9651.jpg

1590365190_img_9652.jpg

Have to knick name you wreckin-bar then Sandta.... tch..tch..tch. Left all those sov's in the rocks..... nice silver stuff though !
:power: :cool: :Y:

Not a bad hunt mate, bummer about forgetting the gear. I was keen this morning to hit the beach but the rain was heavy and I just gave it a miss.

silver said:
Have to knick name you wreckin-bar then Sandta.... tch..tch..tch. Left all those sov's in the rocks..... nice silver stuff though !
:power: :cool: :Y:
Ive been calling myself plenty of names all day
"Wreckin-bar" doesnt even come close :mad:

Heatho said:
Not a bad hunt mate, bummer about forgetting the gear. I was keen this morning to hit the beach but the rain was heavy and I just gave it a miss.

Cheers mate , ye that sure was a FAIL
Oh well ... someone else might get amongst it before its buried again.
Thanks for the tip ;)

No worries mate, glad my info was sort of relevant to your area as well. Today though totally different, 2 metres of sand stripped off my local, must have been all the rain with the rough swell, dunno but was a frenzy swinging today. Will post pics tomorrow, nothing too exciting but was good to get out.

Latest posts