Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sandta that is a great looking gt. handy to have 100 hours battery life. Did you end up getting the control box fully waterproof? Mine is more stock standard with a strait shaft , except I've double sleeved the cabling from coil to the control box . I was thinking about getting an lcd display for mine indicating numbers for targets as some have, but then it would be ctx :) . How do you find the weight of your moded gt?

Dan

Its not actually a gt.
Its the original sovereign.
Control box is not waterproof at all , however it is safely housed within a waterproof hip pouch
And to be extra safe, when its raining my raincoat , with elastic waist, pulls down over the pouch
Safe as houses , as long as dont get in waist deep water , which almost happened when caught out by a huge swell while out in the guts of a major low . That scared the crap out of me ! Nearly got swept off my feet . I didnt venture down that low again :rolleyes:

Oh wow it's a sovereign .almost Looks like a gt with the configuration of the knobs and switches . Never actually seen a sovereign in action , just my sov gt. I got knocked of my feet at last low system at night, had my back turned to the waves . Lucky no damage done except a couple of 5 cent coins lost , learnt my lesson aswell that night Sandta.

Dan

Some say the original Sovereign was the best, with the ability to turn off the iron mask unlike the later versions. Pretty sought after detectors on ebay, they get snapped up real quick regardless of age, and often for good $$$. :)

Goldpick said:
Some say the original Sovereign was the best, with the ability to turn off the iron mask unlike the later versions. Pretty sought after detectors on ebay, they get snapped up real quick regardless of age, and often for good $$$. :)

My GT allows the iron mask to be turned off too! An excellent beach detector for sure.

I didnt realise just how long since ive been to the beach :rolleyes:
I was on the sand by 4:30 this morning , a little bit late , but its an hour and a half drive for me nowadays
Fair dinkum ... my third swing bagged the silver ring :D i couldnt believe it !
The second ring had my hopes up, but just a junker
Still ...more than happy with the final tally ;)
Not a bad way to open my 2018 account :Y:

DOH...
1517722132_img_8369.jpg

1517722157_img_8370.jpg

1517722181_img_8371.jpg

1517722202_img_8372.jpg

:eek: < G A S P
cough cough...... :eek:
What a batsman...
pounding away at the opener....
Sterling score young fella :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:
ding ding ding
:rainbow: O:) O:) O:) :rainbow:
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Hey mate good to see you back, I was wondering where you got too as well....That Silver ring is a BEAUTY! Would love to know what the stone is....Jade? :) :Y: 8)

I had a Sovereign GT

It was a great machine on the sand

I have a meter that was made for the original Sovereign ( not the digital meter )

If you google - Minelab Sovereign XS meter & click on lmages you can see it in the first 2pics.

It doesnt work , but someone with tech. Knowledge could fix it

Happy to send

Thanks fellas , im still here ... just been lurking in the background ]:D
Havent been out for ages , its been so bloody hot , and the ground is just too damned hard :(
We actually got some rain on saturday :Y: not enough to do much good really but did put a bit of water in the tanks.
Was hoping it would be enough to keep others away from the beach .... it seemed to be ;)

Sandta said:
Thanks fellas , im still here ... just been lurking in the background ]:D
Havent been out for ages , its been so bloody hot , and the ground is just too damned hard :(
We actually got some rain on saturday :Y: not enough to do much good really but did put a bit of water in the tanks.
Was hoping it would be enough to keep others away from the beach .... it seemed to be ;)

Hey Sandta

Your not wrong it's been hot. We hit 48 the other day going by the temp gauge in my car. My lawn has died. even the weeds in it have died. Far too hot for a swing.Hope we get a bit of rain soon.

I might have been a few days too late , but the recent ECL (and Heatho's photo) really got my juices flowing, so i just had to get to the beach to see what others had left for me. As i pulled up , i could see the tracks left by the dozer that has relevelled the beach. Living so far away ,i had no idea exactly how the storm had rearranged the beach so it took me a little while to figure out where to start.
I did get quite a few coins ( mostly 5c pieces :rolleyes: ) .... and totally soaked :lol:
1528252708_img_8500.jpg

The only jewellery item was one of those big ear hole things
1528252798_img_8501.jpg

Im pretty sure i got at least one threepence, but surely theres got to be a couple more silvers amongst this lot
1528252914_img_8502.jpg

A bath in S&V should let me know soon enough ;)

The first photo reminds me of Asian food :lol: something with peanuts.

But saying that the storm had exposed plenty of targets for you to dig paying for your fuel and hoping for more silvers :party:

It just goes to show that the older quality detectors can still find plenty.

Top effort :Y:

Latest posts