Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5 Review

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good review Les. Had mine since early September and they are a great coil.
I still reckon the 11 inch is just as sensitive though it does tend to pick up a lot more emi hence the tendency to miss small targets.
I took my 11 inch out yesterday and with the cloudy weather it was very chattery.
I did get one micro bit at a couple of inches and a bigger 0.8 bit not far away.
I'm going back to the same spot soon with the Goldhawk to see if I missed anything.
I find the Coilek 14x9 is a great coil I wont go smaller as it gets pieces to .03 and I can pan and find gold faster lol

I find the Coilek 14x9 is a great coil I wont go smaller as it gets pieces to .03 and I can pan and find gold faster lol
Fair enough. But some of the spots I work it's hard enough using the 10x5 as they are very tight. No way the 14x9 would fit in some of them.
If I ever go to WA I'd chuck the larger coil on. No worries.

Attachments

• 20231104_154443.jpg
    20231104_154443.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 0
I love my Goldhawk 10x5, I've pulled 4.5g out of ground I already covered with the OEM DD in about a month. Nearly paid itself off at current prices.

It can be a bit noisy if there's certain types of emi around, engines in particular, but I'm running it much higher sensitivity than the OEM 11" ever could. But jeez it finds the small bits with a great fanfare and the warble tone you sometimes get when you target quartz specs is quite noticeable.

We own both the Coiltek 14x9 and the nugget finder Exceed 12x7 for our 6000s and they both work excellently, after havinf two coil failures with the 11" minelab units and as we are generally to far off grid we went with this set up.
The coiltek unit adds a bit of weight but can punch deeper than the std unit, it aslo picks up a lot of sub grammers i beleve more so than the std coil, the Exceed coil which we have only had the use of briefly appears to be equally as good both coils are quieter than the std coil in our opinion, we only had the Coiltek 14x9 for one trip last year and it produced 53 small nuggs for 14.7 grams over 5 days, at that time the Dragon got 21 bits with her SDC for just under 8 grams, on a recent short trip east of here to test her new 6000 with her Exceed coil and i might add it was frigging hot, we got 5 bits on a really flogged bit of pending ground which surprised me as we had chained that area a few years back and declared it devoid of the yellow stuff, so now its fishing etc till next Aprill then off tp the Mighty Pilbara for few Months and then we will see a far btter comparison.
As a footnote our travelling companion Pete has just done his 3 std coil and has bought a Coiltek 10x5 coil so be good to add thats performance as well.

Latest posts