What is the average age of Detectorists in your home ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOL

Now that could be a loaded question depending upon your own age and and how many are in your household, that detect.

Six in mine, and out of the six only four spend reasonable time swinging a machine (mostly in turns), and then there is instruction, teaching how to dig
without leaving holes, fetching, being a general tool caddy, found item scientist/sleuth etc.

My house, average age is - 23.25yrs old

ages 6, 11, 17, 59

I started at 18yrs, but not seriously
Kato at just 2yrs - always seriously O:)
Miss 11yrs is casual
Miss 6yrs is an up and coming Kato :8 (I'm never going to have a life)

I have this habit of taking the girls away, just with Dad, for a few days every year so that they can do whatever they want for that few days, anything within reason.

The last few days of last week we went away, miss 6, miss 11 and I, the trip started out late and promptly fell apart. :/
Only to be rescued by a stop in a Caravan Park, there were water slides and a pool.
YEP you guessed it, they voted to stay right there. :lol:

So sun toasted after two days of water play, soundly getting smashed at UNO by miss 6 and miss 11, visiting sideshows and NOT getting $10 rides,
but really enjoying jam donuts and ice cream.

Day three was packup day, we were packed by 9am and miss 11 was playing with a cheapy drone, miss 6 picked up my detector the almighty ACE250
and proceeded to find lots of pull-tabs, getting more excited and declaring herself to be the pull-tab Queen !

I am the pull-tab King !

I seriously admire this child, she is almost never down about anything, always pure joy.
Then she swung over another target, an arm length from where I was sleeping in the tent, she dug it up and it looked like a crusty 10c.

She said it was strange and I looked closer, a 1943 1/2 penny.
I swear she did a dance :lol: and then said Kato would be jealous when she found out.

NOW for the killer....

Unknown to us, Kato was swinging in a parkland the day before, we got home (at 1am that night, we had been fishing O:) ) to find Kato had picked up exactly the same coin, nearly 80km and 1 day apart from each other.
What are the chances of that ?

I think another Kato is born.

Miss 6yrs

1643631712_img_20220128_1.jpg

1643631753_img_20220131_2.jpg

Kato

1643631776_img_20220131_3.jpg

About 40 in our household. But if you include my detecting mates it goes up to over 60. I've got a lot of respect for the older people in our society, they have worked hard to make this country what it is today, and we should show them respect but never forget the freedom that they have fought for.

Latest posts