What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who likes Boysenberry's ? View attachment 6847
Tried to edit my comment but i was out of time it appears. The species my BIL grows is Silvanberry not Savannah. Silvanberry was developed in Victoria and is a hybrid of the Marionberry, Pacific Blackberry and the Boysenberry. Heavy cropping , High in Vitamin C and a couple of plants will sustain an entire family. Mackka

Stressed out :confused::eek:o_O..... Our Realestate told me our 'Lovely' landlords will be putting up our rent from $420pw up to a "reasonable amount of $550-600" (landlords exact words..)...:mad:
There's No way We can pay that on a Disability Support Pension...

That means the Streets will have 2 +1cat extra...

WTF, Never in my life i would have ever thought we would be Fxxxxxxx Homeless...

And Yes , In QLD, it is the only State where Landlords can do this... There is NO CAP on rent Increases in QLD... And QLD is the worst hit for this new wave of 'Street People"..

Wonder Why?

LW...o_O

Its really out of control whats happening up here. Some Rents have gone up $200pw in a lot of cases... No rentals available for $400pw from south Brisbane to close to mid Gold Coast and what is out there you wouldn't put a Dog in there......
'' Market Forces " I have been told.....
Been here for 6yrs ......Every year our rent has gone up.... Even during covid it went up......

No Loyalty when it comes to "Business".. Was another statement used..

Anyhow the plans begin for the Un-known...🦄

LW...

Thats way to much LW
I could never get away with that big of an increase on a current tenant unless the tenant was to vacate and the property and the real estate was to advertised for a new tanant at the increased amount..
Seems your landlord and maybe your real estate wants you out mate and the only motive for such a large increase is greed.

Sorry to hear that LW 😞 it's not just QLD with respect to rental shortage, the mind boggles how it became a huge issue in such a short period of time. I have been in the rental market as a child when things went pear shaped for my parents, it's not easy having to relocate often, I feel for anyone in this situation.

Thats way to much LW
I could never get away with that big of an increase on a current tenant unless the tenant was to vacate and the property and the real estate was to advertised for a new tanant at the increased amount..
Seems your landlord and maybe your real estate wants you out mate and the only motive for such a large increase is greed.
I was thinking the same - there is nothing more valuable than a good tenant I remember. I always kept increases small and only when tenancies changed, and gave latitude on late rent payment when I had a good tenant. Someone who kept things tidy, caused no damage beyond wear and tear, kept the garden OK and not let it die. Worth more than increased rent....

Change of tenancy is when to increase rent - but also when to finally replace the ageing stove or dishwasher etc.

Its really out of control whats happening up here. Some Rents have gone up $200pw in a lot of cases... No rentals available for $400pw from south Brisbane to close to mid Gold Coast and what is out there you wouldn't put a Dog in there......
'' Market Forces " I have been told.....
Been here for 6yrs ......Every year our rent has gone up.... Even during covid it went up......

No Loyalty when it comes to "Business".. Was another statement used..

Anyhow the plans begin for the Un-known...🦄

LW...
LW time to head country bloke as still some pretty good bargains out there under a 100K 👍 Even less if your prepared to roll your sleeves up and buy a fix er upper. Gets a roof over your head and out from under a landlord also. 👍 Looking at the writing on the wall rents are only going to continue one way so it's only going to get harder and harder. There was one I missed by two hours in Greenvale Qld that went for 29K. Had been watching it for months at 65K and bang they dropped it overnight, rang up the agent all prepared with my Visa card :rolleyes: .Ya missed out by two hours was the reply 😢 I even offered 40K but nope was sealed and signed contract.

Last edited:

Latest posts