What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my son and daughter clay target shooting today .. first time for both shooting the shotgun..
The son is a natural , he mised the first 2 clays then hit 8 in a row , only misssed 8 out of a total of 25 targets
91BE2C85-3A58-4B72-ADC8-56033E75B48E.png
76026B98-5401-4AD0-A737-140A01F076F0.png
The daughter is a lefty but shot right handed hit 4 out of 25 , i think she needs to try with a left handed gun mext time.

That's north of Talbot, not Queensland? You've moved into gold country?
Yep Goldie, the Victorian Daisy Hill, between Talbot and Maryborough in the GT.
After we married and moved into my wife’s place at Geelong, I sold my house in Clifton Springs, and bought the Daisy Hill acreage. Thought it would be great to have a place where I could just drive a few minutes out the back and find some gold before lunch or dinner.
That was the dream and probably would have been ok had we been living there full time but I found that maintaining two places, mowing grass and the travel from Geelong was just using up too much effort, time, expense and limiting my prospecting around the greater GT area.
Have now also downsized our caravan to a 15 footer which we can store at home in Geelong. Reckon we can get more quality prospecting time done now using our caravan and also be able to freely travel to the more distant fields in the GT and elsewhere.

Yep Goldie, the Victorian Daisy Hill, between Talbot and Maryborough in the GT.
After we married and moved into my wife’s place at Geelong, I sold my house in Clifton Springs, and bought the Daisy Hill acreage. Thought it would be great to have a place where I could just drive a few minutes out the back and find some gold before lunch or dinner.
That was the dream and probably would have been ok had we been living there full time but I found that maintaining two places, mowing grass and the travel from Geelong was just using up too much effort, time, expense and limiting my prospecting around the greater GT area.
Have now also downsized our caravan to a 15 footer which we can store at home in Geelong. Reckon we can get more quality prospecting time done now using our caravan and also be able to freely travel to the more distant fields in the GT and elsewhere.
I can relate to that. We got a second place in Geelong and sold the Ballarat house (just too much to look after and Ballarat was big). Difficult choice, sea change versus having bush (and gold) out the back. But it is only about 75 minutes drive and I am usually out for a few days at the time. We had already had 23 years in the bush versus your long time at the beach. Good luck at Daisy Hill - not far to some good spots. I can enjoy fishing here as well as trips north,

I think I had a win!
Choosing the correct draw bar to give me a good ride height.
This is everything empty of course but I think it looks good??
The hellishly expensive Redarc brake controller took a while to get my head around, but works!
Happy days!
Now to pack it all away and wait for next years first Cyclone early next week????

1.jpg

I think I had a win!
The hellishly expensive Redarc brake controller took a while to get my head around, but works!
Happy days!
Now to pack it all away and wait for next years first Cyclone early next week????

View attachment 6719

Simmo, you're waiting for a cyclone so you can take off camping??

Simmo, you're waiting for a cyclone so you can take off camping??
Nah Phil,
We were all set to take the camper to a friends place for NYE, so we could kick back and not have to worry about getting home on the night.
Turns out the rain looks like it has set in, with the possibility of a whirly bird next week??
I don't mind getting the camper canvas wet, but it needs to dry out within a few days, it looks like we have weeks of rain coming, so the camper trailer can stay undercover at home!

But I carried on with the mission to get the ride height and brake controller sorted out!

I think I had a win!
Happy days!
Noice :)

I think I had a win!
Happy days!

View attachment 6719
No wonder Santa didn't get to me 🤔 he left all the toys at Simmos 🤣🤣 Sweet set up 👍 Whilst setting up Simmo shorten the chains so just some slight slack when on full lock. You can use rated Hammer Locks if you do not wish to cut chain, opposed to D shackles as only allowed one D shackle on each chain. Quick tip regards jockey wheel hanging so low and can get caught up on ramp overs (and it will) especially on set ups where trailer axle is so far from jockey wheel, set it in up ward position and drill and fit clevis pin to lock it there whilst travelling . Drill down near wheel as shown as up further there is threaded rod inside, any doubts you can wind bottom of jockey leg and see how far down thread comes. AXO jockey wheels have this feature included, but it's also a $300 jockey :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ten minute job can prevent a lot of damage. All you need now is to get it dirty ;)🤣
Getting plenty of rain last few days and heavy enough to wake me up, the Delaneys flowing and paddocks are soft enough for quads and SBS access only at the moment. Okay daylight peeps so it's off to see what mother nature has un earthed for us ;)

Jock Pin 1.jpg

Axo jockey which clearly shows the clearance difference of having wheel parked up 👍

Axo Jockey.jpg

The Delaney stopped these blokes about 500 metres short of the Forsayth pub 🤣 Bugger

Delaney Forsayth 1.jpg👍

Last edited:

Latest posts