What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from a day out at the Hanging Rock picnic races. Haven't been for ages only 2 meetings held every year, New Year's day and Australia day hosted by the Kyneton racing club. My neighbour and his daughter rode in most races, didn't help the festive season expenses. Mind you I'm not a punter just there to soak up the atmosphere and any drinks thrust my way 😅 if they pick up rides for the Australia day meeting I might just have to head back, absolute ripper day 🍻

I'm trying to get the day started before it gets too hot....

View attachment 6783
Once it even gets close to 40 I turn on the air conditioner and get a drink and a good book - this week at least. 41 is just too hot to be outside, even if you are only 20 (although at that age I used to work in low 40s out of Sandstone and the Western McDonald Ranges), I got the company to guarantee an air conditioned caravan - which they did - but when it came to the generator they said it needed too large a generator to kick in on a hot day (and that they had not guaranteed the generator). I stuck it out for a year with only one five day break in Perth - then said goodbye to them....

Checking the Cherries to see if they are ready to eat. Almost but not quite. Has been a cold spring and long winter here.Screenshot_20230102_140803.jpg also building a stone garden bed for the mrs. Its just rough stone off a nearby hill but usually has at least one straight side to work with. Screenshot_20230102-141336.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder Santa didn't get to me 🤔 he left all the toys at Simmos 🤣🤣 Sweet set up 👍 Whilst setting up Simmo shorten the chains so just some slight slack when on full lock. You can use rated Hammer Locks if you do not wish to cut chain, opposed to D shackles as only allowed one D shackle on each chain. Quick tip regards jockey wheel hanging so low and can get caught up on ramp overs (and it will) especially on set ups where trailer axle is so far from jockey wheel, set it in up ward position and drill and fit clevis pin to lock it there whilst travelling . Drill down near wheel as shown as up further there is threaded rod inside, any doubts you can wind bottom of jockey leg and see how far down thread comes. AXO jockey wheels have this feature included, but it's also a $300 jockey :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ten minute job can prevent a lot of damage. All you need now is to get it dirty ;)🤣
Getting plenty of rain last few days and heavy enough to wake me up, the Delaneys flowing and paddocks are soft enough for quads and SBS access only at the moment. Okay daylight peeps so it's off to see what mother nature has un earthed for us ;)

Axo jockey which clearly shows the clearance difference of having wheel parked up 👍
Thanks mate for the tips and sorry for the late reply!
Yeah, I only put the trailer on the new ute to see which drawbar I should use.
Then I thought I should test the Red arc Electric brake controller, then I thought whilst I am out I should go and give it a wash and take a photo!!!!
So I hadn't set it up properly at all, I didn't cross the chains, I left 2 adapters on the trailer lights cable, so I 100% agree that everything is low.
What you did jog my memory with your post is the jockey wheel.
Ordinarily, I would have it up the other way, but that is not the only issue.
It's a heavy trailer and even jacking it off the ball is a right PITA.
So on your recommendation, I bought one of these!

Untitled.jpg

All good Simmo and you can't go wrong now with what you have. 👍 Even makes it easier to push around with the wheel trailing plus the upteen different positions you can lock it in ;) I did have a funny thought on your original post where you said you had brought the family an expensive xmas present. Which was good thinking as Simmo is maybe the only one in the family with a licence 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣
Redarc probably the same as I have also? Push button knob in dash with unit under dash. When you set up you can have the push which activates brakes on delay or immediate, immediate is better if ever you want to use it to arrest any trailer sway. But great unit even better than the Tekonsha I have in other 4B. All you need now if coming out this way currently is a boat on top :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yeah its the Red Arc Elite?? Small button on the dash, lights up blue when connected?
I have the Tekonsha in the patrol, I think I like it better because I can see what its doing by the display?
I will learn to like the Redarc no doubt!

I didnt want to go there. Can of worms. Lets just say its a bramble that taste really good. I have tried thornless blackberries but have found them watery except for 1 relitevely new variety but that unfortunately gets smashed by a orange fungle rust the govermemt released here.

Latest posts