What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LW
If you have grown children perhaps you could ask them to borrow as an investment to buy a property and you pay them $250 a week as rent and they put that amount towards the mortgage..
you get a house to live in and they get tax benefits plus an inheritance later onā€¦
There are still plenty of places where you can buy a decent 3 bed home in a country town for 100< $150 k

LW
If you have grown children perhaps you could ask them to borrow as an investment to buy a property and you pay them $250 a week as rent and they put that amount towards the mortgage..
you get a house to live in and they get tax benefits plus an inheritance later onā€¦
There are still plenty of places where you can buy a decent 3 bed home in a country town for 100< $150 k
Dont think Our Daughter is ready for that big step yet of 'Ownership'... o_O... Long story about Her going silly during covid and Spending....:(

LW...

LW here you go, comes with it's own lease šŸ‘ Offer 40 and I reckon you would own it and could work it for an income also šŸ¤” It has a roof and would be yours šŸ‘

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-rubyvale-141132700
YES PLEASE.. Thats Me, but Mrs Wolf , Hmmmm . Bloody hot in Summer to... But that be over-come... Mentioned something similar to my Sister and she said 'Wow thats cheap, I should buy it for you... '
Yes Please kind hearted Sister.... That was 3 weeks ago....:) Who Knows maybe..

Something Better is around the Corner for Us in 2023... Don't worry i always look to see if its a truck coming around that corner before i step out...:D:)

Update.... Mrs Wolf has Warmed to the Idea of the Gemfields....o_Oā˜ŗļø.... Now to work on Her a bit...šŸ¤”

LW....

Last edited:
LW
That would be an investment with a few advantages. It would give you a possible income, a place to live rent free and a home base in the hotter months to hook up a caravan and see a bit of the country.
We had friends that until recently had 2 leases in Rubyvale that they lived on and worked when they were not travelling in their van prospecting for gold.. They had beautiful saphire from their claims and I cant see why you and mrs LW couldnā€™t do the sameā€¦ šŸ‘šŸ¾
The stones we found at Rubyvale ā€¦
Post in thread 'Gladstone Calliope'
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/gladstone-calliope.34091/post-573444

Nice Stones there Nucopia... I totally missed that thread.....
:(Thing is that My Sister thinks Otherwise... Cant tell Non-Gemmys that its a good idea unfortunately...

LW...

Our daughter who is on an NDIS pension, recently sold her unit in Geelong and bought in Maryborough, Vic.
She was able to pay outright for the Maryborough unit and fully pay out her mortgage. Lots better off now moving to a regional area, has more friends and loves it.
Always wondered why governments seem happy to pay rental subsidies for some pensioners to live in expensive urban areas but not subsidies for people to own inexpensive homes and get out of the rental trap.
Totally agree Hawk. Living in Nth Vic. Will have house paid off next year. THEN looking forward to exploring these areas you are all talking about. Patience, patience, patience.

The thing about owning a home is that you donā€™t have to live in it (it could be rented out) but is a great insurance if one day you have no where else.
My kids were always bemoaning the difficulty of buying a house in the area where they WANTED to live because they were too expensive.
Told them to buy a less expensive house just anywhere so long as they got
their foot in the property market as soon as possible.
Today people just canā€™t save a deposit faster than house prices seem to go up, so jump in early on the most affordable house and let the equity increase over time be the savings towards the home of oneā€™s dreams.

Edit realised probably straying a bit off the What are you doing now topic, so to get back on, I am rereading a whole lot of 20+ year old Gold Gem and treasure magazines. Some of the articles point to some places that may well be worth a revisit.

Last edited:
I was only saying to my wife yesterday that with the technology we have today, people, especially the young, can virtually live anywhere and work from home, caravan, yacht etc. as todays world is all about technology. When Covid struck many companies told their employees to stay home and work and rightly so. Now those very same companies are selling their office blocks and their employees are reaping the benefits of working from home and so are their employers. However, as you get older, as I am, you look at other things like, health care, hospitals etc and living like some on here do, even though we envy you, we just can't live that way and subsequently, we live where we live. Mackka

I was only saying to my wife yesterday that with the technology we have today, people, especially the young, can virtually live anywhere and work from home, caravan, yacht etc. as todays world is all about technology. When Covid struck many companies told their employees to stay home and work and rightly so. Now those very same companies are selling their office blocks and their employees are reaping the benefits of working from home and so are their employers. However, as you get older, as I am, you look at other things like, health care, hospitals etc and living like some on here do, even though we envy you, we just can't live that way and subsequently, we live where we live. Mackka
No spring chicken here Mackka and lets just say a few issues due to decades of treating my body more like a dunny than a temple šŸ¤£ Ironic that I probably get better medical remote thru the RFDS than when in the city. They will even fly you in and out šŸ‘ Probably only big issue is if I have a heart attack it's probably goodbye but I'm certainly not going to let that one govern where I live. Besides I could think of a lot worse ways to go Like them finding me slumped dead in a hole I'd dug retrieving the 10kg nugget. :oops: Bugger never even got to spend it šŸ¤£ I figure on not slowing down enough to let old age catch up šŸ¤” :D

Going on info from my mate in the Gimp, the museum is only currently open to group tour bookings šŸ‘

Reaper.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Diginit, I hear ya mate, but I am not thinking about myself . I would jump at a chance of living in a shack for 3 months digging sapphires, oh yeah baby, but not gunna happen. Stay Safe mate. Mackka
Mackka fully understand bloke, I'm single so apart from looking after my dog the decisions are easy. With a partner becomes a different playing field as part of the deal is you look after each other and as it should be šŸ‘

Hey Diginit, I hear ya mate, but I am not thinking about myself . I would jump at a chance of living in a shack for 3 months digging sapphires, oh yeah baby, but not gunna happen. Stay Safe mate. Mackka
Enquiries are being made into several Leases that are up for Sale ATM in the area... If I can get one, Mackka You and anyone else on here are more than welcome to come for a Dig..

According to the Museum's FB page, The Gold Museum is closed till further notice...

LW....

Last edited:
Enquiries are being made into several Leases that are up for Sale ATM in the area... If I can get one, Mackka You and anyone else on here are more than welcome to come for a Dig..

According to the Museum's FB page, The Gold Museum is closed till further notice...

LW....
For those wishing to whilst in the Gimp šŸ‘ šŸ‘ šŸ‘ Would ring and check either way but ?

Gimp Tour.jpg

Latest posts