Laancoorie Bash Oct 7-8-9

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randolph

randolph
Reaction score
Hi all, I just booked a cabin in Laancoorie for the Oct weekend prospectors bash. I will be heading over from Strathalbyn S.A. on the 6th and back on the 10th. If anyone has done the bash before, tell me how it was. Anyone else heading over from S.A. that weekend? I am still waiting to find my first Vic gold.

Randolf, we went for first time last year, was bloody teriffic. And so much to learn from all the speakers and other attendies. A very friendly bunch of people there.
you will love it, and hopefully you will get out for a swing and find your first bit of vic yellow. We also hoping to go again this year. TG

Hi R, yep, its a great weekend. Lots of detecting around Tarnagulla, Waanyarra etc, lots of great info from well informed speakers and legends of the game, lots of "fellowship" with very like minded people and lot of info on the stuff that's happening with the PMAV and other bodies working on or behalf. It will be fantastic. I've been for the last couple of years and have looked forward to it. Unfortunately cant go this year for that weekend but will be over there a little later in Oct. Hope you have a great time.

Make sure you've got a pocket full of dollars for the auction on Saturday night, I think it is. A great way to grab a bargain.

Believe me its a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After checking the dates[I thought it was on when we in SA have a long weekend] I may get there. Hope so! Might see you there fellas. Hi Meta! ;)

Thanks for the replies fellas, I have stayed in the L. cabins some years back but it will be my first time for the bash. I am really looking forward to the weekend of meeting people and hopefully finding something to show and tell. I must remember to get my prospecting permit, last time I did it on line. I hope to meet all of you there. Cheers Rando.

vstrom said:
Thanks mardy. :D

vstrom , I believe there is only unpowered sites left , then you have donation camping in Larnecoorie township on banks of Loddon .
This is a great site , I believe toilets and showers ( hence donation to keep clean ) and another great site is on Loddon at Newbridge recreation grounds , plenty of non powered sites , facilities , river view and lots of shade . Hope this helps .

Cheers
goldrat

I have a nice little spot booked with a water view. :) :)
I am staying down there until the 13th to check out some ground and Relations
all over the place in Laanecoorie Molligial and Tarnagulla.
The oysters for the fish night are my donation to the cause. :)

Thank goldrat just booked a powerd site at caravan park so all good thanks everyone can't wait . :D

Tathradj said:
I have a nice little spot booked with a water view. :) :)
I am staying down there until the 13th to check out some ground and Relations
all over the place in Laanecoorie Molligial and Tarnagulla.
The oysters for the fish night are my donation to the cause. :)

The relations your visiting are they in the ground :)

Mums side of the family are land owners in those places. :) :)
Ancestors built Laanecoorie.
One of my Uncles owns a farm right beside Laanecoorie.

Tathradj said:
Mums side of the family are land owners in those places. :) :)
Ancestors built Laanecoorie.
One of my Uncles owns a farm right beside Laanecoorie.
Sounds like you may have some private land prospecting to do. What cut will the relo's want? Lol

I will be there for the Saturday only - Have an engagement party on Friday in Shepparton, Wedding in Healesville on Sunday and Laanecoorie on Saturday - racking the k's up this weekend.

Latest posts