Gumtree Issues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

G'day

Just wondered if anyone else has been having issues with Gumtree?, I was running a few ads on Gumtree and all of a sudden the ads were gone and I could not access my account, I received an email saying that my ad for one particular item had been removed due to a breach of their listing practices policy, something to do with the heading description, referred me to the list of things that can and cant be done but gave no explanation as to what the breach was??.

Anyway long story short I sent an email requesting contact to see what terrible act of espionage I had inadvertently committed, as not only was the offending ad removed but so were the other ones I had on there as well, ?, anyway its been 48 hours with no reply to my request, (irrelevant of their site saying they have 24/7 support ) you can not contact them via live chat as that is not working either and so I searched for other contact phone numbers and found about 4 or 5 but all are not connected so no phone contact is available.

Next step got information on how to close my account as from here on in they can shove their site up their clackers, but guess what I also found several lots of instructions on how to delete my account but alas it wont allow me to do that either, how the hell do they make something so seemingly simple to resolve an absolute nightmare to deal with.

With such instant means of communication these days all you would think it would take is an email from them saying "please do this or that" as you have made some sort of mistake and can you sort it out and all will be well, but no just shut down your ads, put your account on hold and then make sure you cant contact us to complain about it or get some idea what crime you have committed, and leave you in limbo until they decide to get in touch with you about it.

Gumtree rating from me today is :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Rant over :lol:

stayyerAU

I had a similar thing happen to me with Airtasker. I wanted my Cocker Spaniel clipped and in an hr or so they cancelled my ad -no explanation apart from their computerised mod system saying I was against their rules. ???? :(

'Due to Covid 19 You are unable to contact us' .... Its everywhere... And hasn't been restored... They save $$ that way... But I had some issues with my power bill and there was no way to contact them... So I sent them an email and said that unless they contact me, I won't be paying their bill... They called with in 5 hrs... :lol:

Covid is just an excuse used now by many...

LW....

I've had the same experience with AirTasker. Apparently I'd committed a 'Breach of Community Guidelines' with a task that I've previously used occasionally over several years! I followed the link to their Guidelines, none of which had any relevance at all and then tried the Contact Us page, only to find that you can only contact them for a limited range of pre-set queries, none of which had any relevance at all - a familiar pattern by this time! What a useless mob! :awful:

Belong was another one. Contacted them a month before moving house clear and finalise everything no problem they can't provide a service to our new location no probs. Pay bill move on, next month belong bill comes out of account ? o.k spend next month calling with recorded message covid blah blah, no probs i'll put it in writing on their app messages because they can't be emailed.

That month another direct debit comes out ? o.k so cancel card they used for that hhhaaaa got yous.

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: next month they send email i owe them $$$$$$ and my account will be suspended (which i don't have with them anymore but pay up now or else).

Mind blown by now.
1) It was a non-reply email

2) I want my money back what they owe me.

3) Somehow i am in debt to them.

phew thanks stayer rant over. :lol:

G'day

Received an email from them late yesterday afternoon, the crime I committed was that I listed an item in the wrong category, can you believe that instead of just letting me know they would delete my other legitimate ads as well, of course I did it on purpose as us old farts are real trouble makers and a threat to these sites, cant believe how quick and hard they come down on me for a simple mistake but scammers and a..holes flourish on the site without hindrance even when these pricks are reported to them they drag their asses before they do anything about it and by that time its too late.

Hoping one day there will be a better option for online buying and selling, currently we only have useless and greedy to work with :mad:

cheers

stayyerAU

The problem is ebay now owns Gumtree and they have spent the last year monitoring it and modifying to their woke greedy ways.
Like from free to advertise a car to ovr $60 to list one. LGAGF.

Then again, if the OP had listed the item in the correct category, it may have sold, and Gumtree would have been fantastic. :eek:

Gem in I said:
Belong was another one. Contacted them a month before moving house clear and finalise everything no problem they can't provide a service to our new location no probs. Pay bill move on, next month belong bill comes out of account ? o.k spend next month calling with recorded message covid blah blah, no probs i'll put it in writing on their app messages because they can't be emailed.

That month another direct debit comes out ? o.k so cancel card they used for that hhhaaaa got yous.

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: next month they send email i owe them $$$$$$ and my account will be suspended (which i don't have with them anymore but pay up now or else).

Mind blown by now.
1) It was a non-reply email

2) I want my money back what they owe me.

3) Somehow i am in debt to them.

phew thanks stayer rant over. :lol:

Contact the Telecommunications Ombusman, and lodge a complaint, you can do it online also, they get it sorted in the end.
TIO
https://www.tio.com.au/

Thanks Greenhornet_au thought i was at a brick wall :Y:

It was very concerning as their ability to not leave a paper trail of contents from my communication.

I posted an add tonight "looking to buy a loader bucket".

The response from three "sellers" was almost immediate.

I have Boban, he has a bucket that came off the same model. Top rated seller who has no sales history. I'm waiting for dimensions and photos and where this bucket is located.

I have William, he has a Highly Rated badge but no sales history. He's Friendly, Polite and Helpful and has sent me photos of a new bucket on a pallet, it has 30mm pins. I'm waiting for more information.
Heya mate.
Have one in NSW if you are open to it being posted. Cheers 👍🏻

I have MichaelHarris, He wrote "Hey mate, how's it going. He has no sales history......

Isn't Gumtree great, shake the tree and all the scammers come out.

Now we have za.

14 Dec 2022
I can help if your happy for me to ship8:53 pm
What have you got to offer za?9:21 pm
Read
Here is a picture
ed88a08a-7a48-49e4-ac5d-211ef36517b5.jpg
9:25 pm
Get pic9:29 pm
Where is it located?9:31 pm
Read
Mundubbera QLD 46269:32 pm
I'm happy to cover shipping9:32 pm
What width is the bucket please?9:32 pm
Read
1200mm9:35 pm
Sorry not suitable for a loader.9:38 pm
Read
I've got a smaller one too mate9:39 pm
Which suits a loader9:39 pm
I was meant to say 2130 mm for the one above.
And the one I'm about to send you is smaller one also also .9:42 pm
Here is a picture
bd9ba6cb-38c8-4b7b-8fff-fc9ee95664ca.jpg
9:42 pm
The smaller one (orange one) suited for loader9:45 pm
What machine does it fit?9:47 pm
Read
Was off a Cat9:52 pm
Wheeld loader9:52 pm
Give me the address please. I'll have somebody take a look.10:08 pm
Sent

Latest posts