Gumtree Issues

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we have za.

14 Dec 2022
I can help if your happy for me to ship8:53 pm
What have you got to offer za?9:21 pm
Read
Here is a picture
ed88a08a-7a48-49e4-ac5d-211ef36517b5.jpg
9:25 pm
Get pic9:29 pm
Where is it located?9:31 pm
Read
Mundubbera QLD 46269:32 pm
I'm happy to cover shipping9:32 pm
What width is the bucket please?9:32 pm
Read
1200mm9:35 pm
Sorry not suitable for a loader.9:38 pm
Read
I've got a smaller one too mate9:39 pm
Which suits a loader9:39 pm
I was meant to say 2130 mm for the one above.
And the one I'm about to send you is smaller one also also .9:42 pm
Here is a picture
bd9ba6cb-38c8-4b7b-8fff-fc9ee95664ca.jpg
9:42 pm
The smaller one (orange one) suited for loader9:45 pm
What machine does it fit?9:47 pm
Read
Was off a Cat9:52 pm
Wheeld loader9:52 pm
Give me the address please. I'll have somebody take a look.10:08 pm
Sent

In the last 2 years i never got any serious replies on gumtree which makes me wonder if its Ebay management bombing the place , pretending to be scammers so they can kill it off ?

If you think that sounds dodgy try this for size.
Since around the beginning of Covid , many Australian Ebay sellers reported a big fall off in sales .

Prior to this event if you searched for an item on ebay you might get 5 - 10 aussie based sellers , 10 - 30 chinese ones and maybe 1 - 2 from USA.

After Covid came and Trumble was playing with his MAGA hat , an ebay search for the same items will give you 5 - 10 USA sellers , 2 - 3 from china and maybe 1 - 3 from Australia.

What a coincidence ?

I had ebay stores i had purchased from for years who no longer even showed up in a search yet when i contacted them by old messages all of a sudden their listings were visible again.

I complained in writing last year to ebay (politely) , their staff actually told me "Yes sir , we can see a technical problem with your listings , Our IT people are working to fix it now" , then they said its all fixed blah blah , but nothing changed , my page views and sales are down 80 % since pre-trumble.

anyone else found the same issues ?

In the last 2 years i never got any serious replies on gumtree which makes me wonder if its Ebay management bombing the place , pretending to be scammers so they can kill it off ?

If you think that sounds dodgy try this for size.
Since around the beginning of Covid , many Australian Ebay sellers reported a big fall off in sales .

Prior to this event if you searched for an item on ebay you might get 5 - 10 aussie based sellers , 10 - 30 chinese ones and maybe 1 - 2 from USA.

After Covid came and Trumble was playing with his MAGA hat , an ebay search for the same items will give you 5 - 10 USA sellers , 2 - 3 from china and maybe 1 - 3 from Australia.

What a coincidence ?

I had ebay stores i had purchased from for years who no longer even showed up in a search yet when i contacted them by old messages all of a sudden their listings were visible again.

I complained in writing last year to ebay (politely) , their staff actually told me "Yes sir , we can see a technical problem with your listings , Our IT people are working to fix it now" , then they said its all fixed blah blah , but nothing changed , my page views and sales are down 80 % since pre-trumble.

anyone else found the same issues ?
recently i purchased an inverter from ebay and still wasnt delivered after 2 weeks so i contacted the seller and he told me it was out of his hands as all his stock for australia was at ebay wharehouse in sydney and they control the delivery and price sold for, so if you make an offer its ebay controlling the price ,so anyhow i cancelled the order an ebay refunded me the amount and then 3 days later it turned up so contacted the seller and about returning it and he said keep it as it will cost him more money then he makes on for me to do a return so that was an eye opener, ebay control everything 😮

I don't like the way Ebay operate but sometimes you have no choice. The sellers fees are excessive and they try everything to take control.
Had a major issue with Ebay, withdrew funds from account without authority to do so. Company account ................................ so got ASIC involved = money back and a $1000 dollar Ebay credit. They were literally in the proverbial, for not operating within Australian Laws.

Perhaps tellingly, eBay's world headquarters are actually in Switzerland, where dictators, despots, criminals and anonymous hyperwealthy individuals go to hide their ill-gotten gains behind Swiss banking secrecy laws.
Indeed they do try to hide behind that , but if the business / transaction is conducted in Australia then it all has to fall under Australian Laws. They try to pull all the company policy and you agreed to stuff etc etc. But it does not matter what they write in THIER company policy or agreements or what you sign or agree to, it must comply with Australian Laws and those laws will over ride it every time regardless. Even sellers try it on, I would love a dollar for ever time I have been told to read the sellers conditions regards who pays shipping on a defect item. Under Aust Law the seller must pay return shipping costs if item is defective.

Last edited:
How is it that a country this size cant find a few IT students just out of Uni to sit down and write software for an alternative site to fleabay ?
They are absolutely ******** us.

Perhaps tellingly, eBay's world headquarters are actually in Switzerland, where dictators, despots, criminals and anonymous hyperwealthy individuals go to hide their ill-gotten gains behind Swiss banking secrecy laws.
"On January 1, 2017, Switzerland joined a host of other countries by adopting the automatic exchange of information (AEOI) system, ......... Switzerland has agreed to automatic information exchange with a total of 38 countries, and is working on pacts with more. AEOI is global standard started by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) to fight tax evasion. Under this standard, all banks will automatically send client information to national tax authorities with data on foreign residents. The bank, in turn, will convey the information tax authorities in the client’s home country. Institutions share this information once a year, and AEOI works both ways. Switzerland will also receive information on foreign accounts held by their citizens. This standard is meant to stop wealthy foreigners from hiding undeclared money in Switzerland and ensure that tax law is being followed worldwide".

recently i purchased an inverter from ebay and still wasnt delivered after 2 weeks so i contacted the seller and he told me it was out of his hands as all his stock for australia was at ebay wharehouse in sydney and they control the delivery and price sold for, so if you make an offer its ebay controlling the price ,so anyhow i cancelled the order an ebay refunded me the amount and then 3 days later it turned up so contacted the seller and about returning it and he said keep it as it will cost him more money then he makes on for me to do a return so that was an eye opener, ebay control everything 😮
In all likelihood the seller was just a drop shipper and did not actually have any stock at all and had probably never seen the item they are selling. They take an order, pass that order onto a company that has the stock and sends it for them. You will see a heap of items with the same description and images The drop shipping company often has the stock in a different country to the seller (guess where?) and the item location is misrepresented. So not an eBay warehouse.

The seller might have been using an eBay fulfillment centre actually in Australia. If so, they own the stock, and are in control of the price. They just pay eBay a fee to store, pack and send the item for them. Then they still get their ridiculous fee from the seller.

ebay l brought 40 25/6 large size cable crimp terminals, the add stated approved and located in sydney.
silly me l brought them. when they arrived said items where low quality thin metal, so thin in fact my standard metal crimper could not get them to crimp so cable just slipped out.
by this time l was not happy and messaged seller about low quality crap they sent. seller replied by messaging "dear friend" then telling me l was not doing it properly, now l'm really pissed and demand a fully refund, l got a full refund, but l'm still not this "dear friend".

".
the moral of the story is buy local what you can touch and feel

Latest posts