Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
Sadly, the type of person who does this is probably not going to listen to reason anyway.
Have you noticed that on many of the gold prospecting shows on tv and YouTube you never see them re fill there holes. Maybe it's time for the producers and directors to show some responsible back filling happening and make a point of it.

Yes so true Manpa. And I hope all of the relevant authorities realize too that these selfish dirtbags who do this, would probably keep doing it even if detecting was banned. They are no different to the turds who go out at night and use machinery in state forests.

I've personally filled in other peoples holes myself while out detecting, but sometimes they are just too big to get involved in. You're right also about education via gold prospecting shows. The end game of the detected area being backfilled and any groundcover/detritus being spread back over is the best way for people to get it into their head that that's what the successful prospectors do as part of their routine.

How about this,I caught a bloke one day,holes every where,his excuse was he had a bad back,I told him this is where I detect and I do not it closed :mad:

It happens every where in Bendigo we detected an area that had been burned off there a couple detecting further down the track when we went back the next day there were about 20 hole not filled in we had done the area pretty good and we had a chuckle as what they had been digging was ground noise ,filled all the hole in but was a bit p##### off .By the way redfin who are you talking about as I didnt see anyone mentioned in the post just wondering .PP

Redfin said:
My God, what a surprise.
Historically on this very forum I have called out this bloke twice, before and after he disappeared, and got
howled down both times.
Maybe now you can judge for yourselves.
My Goodness Redfin you certainly had him pegged. :lol:
A bit embarrassing if indeed it was the fossickers messiah :p
A bit hypocritical also after some comments on here by him about similar things. Seems gold fever might have him hurrying to the next dig a bit too quickly now.

I don't like seeing holes left open but do like finding gold in or near them :lol:
Seems a lot that do it aren't very thorough in other aspects of detecting either.
In fact I seen a mate only yesterday pull a nice little bit out of an open hole of about 30" x 12". Could be the start of a new run on an otherwise untouched hill too. Thanks bloke ;)

thedigger said:
How about this,I caught a bloke one day,holes every where,his excuse was he had a bad back,I told him this is where I detect and I do not it closed
What a p155 poor excuse. Filling the holes is the easy part. If his back was that bad then he shouldn't be digging the bloody holes to start with.

Not to mention the trip hazzard. Can put you out of action (work) with a busted ankle.

Manpa said:
Sadly, the type of person who does this is probably not going to listen to reason anyway.
Have you noticed that on many of the gold prospecting shows on tv and YouTube you never see them re fill there holes. Maybe it's time for the producers and directors to show some responsible back filling happening and make a point of it.

It appears NG frequents similar localities to the poster of Youtube vids perhaps NG can indicate how bad the problem is up his way?

There are numerous explanations for holes like this but none of the explanations are really defensible imho.

totally agree that all hole should be filled in and it is just plain lazy and also bloody dangerous there are enough holes left by old timers without leaving more but these kind of people would probably have no compulsionabout leaving rubbish out there either, but I for one have no idea who this bloke is that we are talking about maybe I am thick lol can someone tell me who this guy is PM me if you dont want it on the forum .PP

mbasko said:
Redfin said:
My God, what a surprise.
Historically on this very forum I have called out this bloke twice, before and after he disappeared, and got
howled down both times.
Maybe now you can judge for yourselves.
My Goodness Redfin you certainly had him pegged. :lol:
A bit embarrassing if indeed it was the fossickers messiah :p
A bit hypocritical also after some comments on here by him about similar things. Seems gold fever might have him hurrying to the next dig a bit too quickly now.

I don't like seeing holes left open but do like finding gold in or near them :lol:
Seems a lot that do it aren't very thorough in other aspects of detecting either.
In fact I seen a mate only yesterday pull a nice little bit out of an open hole of about 30" x 12". Could be the start of a new run on an otherwise untouched hill too. Thanks bloke ;)

thedigger said:
How about this,I caught a bloke one day,holes every where,his excuse was he had a bad back,I told him this is where I detect and I do not it closed
What a p155 poor excuse. Filling the holes is the easy part. If his back was that bad then he shouldn't be digging the bloody holes to start with.

Geez get on your knees. I get a stiff back so go down on my knees.

I'm sorry guy's, I agreed at the start of this thread but I only see 1 confirmed hole that person didn't backfill, and it was the smallest hole show.
Hands up who has filled every single hole they've ever dug.................... thought so, not many of us hey!

Just saying it's easy to witch hunt someone from behind the keyboard.
We have all done the wrong thing from time to time, I'm not defending this person at all, just saying because of 1 confirmed hole left un-filled by him doesn't warrant the call for blood, where is the proof that he did the other holes??
I know for fact that this person has operators going to his spots and trying to get the gold before he does, and by people he knows which is even worse :N:

The one I find funny is a person that posted on this thread and was very vocal about doing the wrong thing, especially when another friend of mine took this person to their spot for a swing and they found gold together, only to find out the following week that the same person took others back to clean out his spot :N:
I won't name names but it's funny how quick we are to knife others behind their backs.

We are all guilty of doing the wrong thing in one way or another at some time, me included, but lets not witch hunt someone from behind keyboards when there are many out there who are far far worse.

Anyways, that should get this thread fired up a bit more now, I'm due for a break so thought I'd have my say as I can't sit silent while people with no idea of the situation load bullets.

Cheers for now :Y:

PP I fill ALL my holes back in AND I replant any tiny little shrubs I may have dug up too.
Ok I dont dig very many holes, but I feel bad about hurting plants.
Probably why I dont find much gold, but I like being out in the bush anyhoo.

Oh and to add...I too come across many unfilled holes in my neck of the woods that I backfill, because some other lazy prick hasnt bothered too!!

I think some people love to slag off about someone that they for some reason hold a beef against but wouldnt say it to their face ,I was wondering Nothing Great what area did this happen in as I think your in Balarat is that right? and the guy that everyone is assuming it is detects in Arrat I dont know if it is him but I would find it hard to believe but as has been said we ALL have done the wrong thing at some time (except me of-course lol).PP

Latest posts