Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like in anything it only takes one or a few to do the wrong thing and paint a bad picture which goes against everyone else doing the right thing. I trust anyone reading this post takes this in context. It would be totally inaccurate and unjust to take this behaviour as the norm in the gold detecting community. It is illegal behaviour. Offenders, like any illegal activity, need to be apprehended. The mass innocent should not be penalised for the wrong doings of a few. Its just common sense.

Unfortunately it's nothing new just the same as it was in the 90's and the same pilfering that went on in the 1800's . Park's management won't solve the problem nor any policy or legislation when it comes to scumbags, scumbags are and always will be scumbags equal to drug's/alcho/aggregated assault and burglary/crimes of sexual nature and every other evil scum that breaths oxygen.

I'm pretty sure most of us are above that and have been around long enough to know some scumbags will even have the Gaul to use this platform to their advantage and our detriment in some cases. At the end of the day we all have to keep doing the right thing for our future and the next generation of prospectors who unfortunately will be exposed to the same set of challenges and circumstances.

Its the same over here even in remote areas you got certain detectorists think they can leave deep gpz holes and they do. I watched one leave 5 holes to 17" deep a antelope could break his leg in or even a range cow. Even after finding decent nuggets the holes were left unfilled by a well known person in one of our areas. Sad

kemjak57 said:
Just unsubscribed from the YouTube channel of one of the culprits. I recognised one of the clips straight away. I only watched the video a couple of days ago.
I've unsubscribed also. He's a wanna-be famous detectorist that is really just a f ******* dirtbag.
I define Integrity as "who you are when no one is looking " and this POS has none of it

What does posting it online achieve? People who make a mess are going to do so regardless. Being caught/identified is the only deterrent. Same as rubbish dumpers and bad campers.

Patrick1 said:
kemjak57 said:
Just unsubscribed from the YouTube channel of one of the culprits. I recognised one of the clips straight away. I only watched the video a couple of days ago.
I've unsubscribed also. He's a wanna-be famous detectorist that is really just a f ******* dirtbag.
I define Integrity as "who you are when no one is looking " and this POS has none of it

Can someone provide a link to this offender please? Everyone needs to bombard this person to fill in holes in the comments of his videos.

Like all hobbies etc there is a portion that are irresponsible brain dead clowns that cruel it for the rest of us.

I wouldnt be alerting the authorities on this. Their focus wouldnt be on your responsible nature but more on the irresponsible attitude of others.

Posting online starts a conversation which alerts and unites like minded detectorists and also educates new comers as to detecting and bush etiquette. Well done to Nothing Great for brining this topic up and hopefully making a difference. :Y:
Cheers Booney.

well said booney im over it , my home dung hill is covered in them tibooburra so lift your game

Sadly, the type of person who does this is probably not going to listen to reason anyway.
Have you noticed that on many of the gold prospecting shows on tv and YouTube you never see them re fill there holes. Maybe it's time for the producers and directors to show some responsible back filling happening and make a point of it.

Latest posts