Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ProspectorPete said:
Turns out guys all holes were backfilled by him, and confirmed, all is not what it seems and you shouldn't just assume :mad:

Which is why I added the line 'there are various explanations' meaning either the person who dug them didnt backfill or else someone else redug the holes after the video was posted for whatever reason.

Either is fairly indefensible imho.

Ive dug craters that only take a couple of minutes to backfill.

Really guys if this is all we have to worry about sh## we have sad lives lol ,all you have to do is do the right thing fill YOUR holes in and if like me you come across hole unfilled FILL them in no big deal or do we have to have a witch hunt every time someone steps out of line or we think that someone has step out of line .PP

ProspectorPete said:
I'm sorry guy's, I agreed at the start of this thread but I only see 1 confirmed hole that person didn't backfill, and it was the smallest hole show.
Hands up who has filled every single hole they've ever dug.................... thought so, not many of us hey!

Just saying it's easy to witch hunt someone from behind the keyboard.
We have all done the wrong thing from time to time, I'm not defending this person at all, just saying because of 1 confirmed hole left un-filled by him doesn't warrant the call for blood, where is the proof that he did the other holes??

We are all guilty of doing the wrong thing in one way or another at some time, me included, but lets not witch hunt someone from behind keyboards when there are many out there who are far far worse.
Don't know if or how much of that's aimed at me mate but I did state on my post:
"A bit embarrassing if indeed it was the fossickers messiah."
These threads are always a bit of a laugh - filled with outrage through to those who couldn't care less.
Best bet if they worry you that much fill them in & move on - posting photos & yet another thread on the subject isn't going to fix the problem really. It's been going on for years & so have threads about them. Hasn't sunk in yet - obviously!
For the record I do refill all my holes where possible & where not I try to leave it as close as possible to how it was or in a not offensive/dangerous state. I think anyone I've detected with will back that up.

ProspectorPete said:
I know for fact that this person has operators going to his spots and trying to get the gold before he does, and by people he knows which is even worse :N:
An unfortunate side effect of his own making. Do you really expect that all those that MG takes to "his" spots aren't going to return there especially if they found some gold or if people that watch his videos recognise an area they're not going to have a crack. Unethical maybe but that happens all the time too. Most just don't advertise where they go. All my gold comes from the fossicking area at Tambaroora about 400m north of the chimney ;)

ProspectorPete said:
The one I find funny is a person that posted on this thread and was very vocal about doing the wrong thing, especially when another friend of mine took this person to their spot for a swing and they found gold together, only to find out the following week that the same person took others back to clean out his spot :N:
I won't name names but it's funny how quick we are to knife others behind their backs.
Now this is much more juicy gossip. Got any clues? Some bold characters could be used to reveal this bold character :lol:

No offence intended mate.

All good Matt, I just know one side of the story, also see the other side of the story and get it.
It's the blood thirst BS in the middle I can't stomach.
One day a fellow prospector might end up taking their own life due to bullying and witch hunts that go on in forums at times, how would we all feel then????

Anyhow, think I should have stayed in bed today instead :|

1562736261_screenshot_20190710-152329_google.jpg

its not bloody hard to fill a hole in. These people aren't true detectorists,but environmental vandals.maybe when we find out who they are we should all go around and dig up their back yard so their dog can break its leg.

Feral said:
Before any one makes an assumption, I am not MG. I read this thread with interest. I detest finger pointing when the so called accused has no defence. I subscribe to MGs channel and his answer to the pointed fingers was uploaded last night, watched this morning before work. Just thought I would link it as an answer to others
Thanks for the link.
Minelab Gold though can defend himself here - he's still a member & was last logged on here 9/07/2019.
Can understand his silence on this forum but I can also understand why some members here were p155ed with him too. He's had every opportunity to come back here & explain past actions + clarify his side.
Always two sides to most things.

Maybe people should also make sure they have all the facts before running off at the mouth and for some people on here who for some reason have a problem with MG get over it or do something about it ,get your camera get out in the bush and do what he is doing ,no one is stopping you go for it .well that is all I have to say on this crap .PP

Is that aimed at me?
If so, good advice - did you ever consider following it yourself :lol:
Just kidding mate. I don't think a whole heap of forum members getting their camera's out in the bush doing what MG is doing will do anything to help matters. It would only contribute to the issue/s he comprehensively highlighted in his last video linked above.
Like I said a product of his own making & that unfortunately is fact.

Latest posts