Down the beach with the Sovereign

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could that be the back off an old gold fob watch ?
first picky top left old mate !

Good haul Sandta, the Sovereign has paid itself off in no time considering how much you bought it for. Despite there being no gold, it is always nice to see some jewellery surfacing, it get the heart rate up, well done. :)

A bloke must by nuts, or maybe obsessed :rolleyes: ( that line is blurred)
Today was my first day off .... Any normal bloke would have enjoyed a bit of a sleep in ...
Not me :8
After a pleasing result yesterday, i thought id get down there early for a repeat performance
I was on the sand just after 4am , looking for that treasure filled patch
I searched down low , sarched up to the high tide line , found bugger all :lol:
I left a bit after 7am.... One of the $2 was from the general vicinity. The others were just randoms
1415396586_image.jpg

Maybe tomorrow will be different ;)

Sandta said:
Ramjet said:
Good haul sandta. It does look like an ear spacer. The butterfly belly ring will look nice on you ;)
Thanks mate... It is very sparkly :p id have to upgrade my nipple ring first though :lol:

And don't forget the Prince Albert ;)

:
Retirement Stone said:
Sandta said:
Ramjet said:
Good haul sandta. It does look like an ear spacer. The butterfly belly ring will look nice on you ;)
Thanks mate... It is very sparkly :p id have to upgrade my nipple ring first though :lol:

And don't forget the Prince Albert ;)

:eek: Whoa, there be some kinky people on dis here forum I'm a thunking. ;) are there any....................Wodgers ? :lol:

Got off to a bit of a late start this arvo ...Pulled up in the car park above the beach around 4:30, the lowest tide ive seen here since i started , as i look down the beach in search of the low points where my coin patches have been , i see the old bloke that is often here( usually up in the dry sand)searching down around that general area. He hadent dug any holes but could see his drag marks all around. I wasnt put off because i know that my sov sees what his pro wont( as Ramjet will agree). Anyway i set off and actually used his drag marks as my guide.... And sure enough i pulled coins that he had walked over. :D
Didnt find much really ... $4.25 & a piece of funny money from Dominican Republic ... The rubbish and junk were scattered
1415526843_image.jpg

1415526869_image.jpg

1415526897_image.jpg

Went out again after work today... Tide is very low lately
Didnt do very good :( ....
1415611725_image.jpg

I think the square thing was a cufflink or possibly an earing

Hardly petrol money Sandta, what's that sand encrusted round thing top left of screen.

See I'm on the silver(not being one to gloat mind you),...again(ha).

Pulled up at the beach carpark this arvo, couldnt believe my eyes.... Low tide looked extremely low.
I could see more sand exposed and much further out than ever before.... I was excited :p
Very first target .... 925 ring :D
This is gonna be the best hunt yet..... :rolleyes: WRONG :rolleyes:
1416910733_image.jpg

1416910779_image.jpg

1416910794_image.jpg

I scoured every inch of that low exposed wet sand , beautiful gullies, troffs and hollows....
Absolutely nothing ... 3 coins ... 25c
I can only assume that others beat me to the loot in previous days :(
Pretty happy with the ring they missed though :D

Pretty looking ring, the gemstone might be an aquamarine. Should be a few more drops as things heat up - hopefully. :)

Pale beauty Sandta,...what a score mate,...I see you tried to get it on to enjoy its absolute wonderment,...but no go on the fit hey(darn).
I took a few old 10s and 20s(very old detecting ones from ages ago) to a coin machine the other day(car wash),...thirty-one nice new dollar coins later(took a while), I took the kids for hungry jacks(complements of mother earth).

Latest posts