⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im so jealous, 8.(
very nice find indeed, i only wish i could find any gold of any weight
nice work mate

1408498531_rps20140820_113432_558.jpg
As anyone who has detected in the Apple Isle knows, nuggets can be very elusive. After several weeks of coming home empty handed, I nailed this 5.5gm clunker 12cm down in an 1870's mullock heap in the North East on the weekend. I had been finding a few lead slugs and shell cases and thought " here goes another one " as the signal sounded very similar to a 22 shell case. It seemed rather surreal as the nugget was revealed in the hole. 8)
I could not get any more signals in the heap so went to the car and brought back a rake. Clearing the leaf litter made a difference as I got two faint signals which turned out to be gold - a 0.15gm followed by a 0.18gm piece both at a depth of 5cm and not bad for a GPX5000 with the 11inch mono fitted. :)

Well done Fox and may there be lots more to follow, don't under estimate the 11" mono it is a great coil

Hi all, I found my first piece of gold today! It weighed in at 3.07 grams. Bought my White's TDI Pro Oz from the boys at Goldsearch in Dunolly on Friday 15/8 and this is the third time I have been able to get out there detecting. Amazing feeling finding the first nugget!! Found it with a Nugget Hunter 12X7 Advantage coil attached. Nugget, I hope you read this one, TDI has come up with the goods, not quite a WalnLiz find but very happy with my first. The best bit, it wasn't even 5km from my house, I live in Avoca in the Central Vic Goldfields, hopefully more to come!
1408622777_img_4845.jpg

Juicy looking nugget you got yourself there, before reading the description, I thought it was a monster ouncer! :lol: That should get Nugget drooling knowing it was found with the TDI Pro Oz. ;)

Goldfield Joe said:
Hi all, I found my first piece of gold today! It weighed in at 3.07 grams. Bought my White's TDI Pro Oz from the boys at Goldsearch in Dunolly
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3537/1408622777_img_4845.jpg

Love the Whites also!

My GMT is the most versatile and deadly VLF on the market and one hell of a super snoop on the small stuff.........It laughs at heavy mineralized ground.

My prospecting partner has the TDI Pro Oz and he sleeps with it :p

Very pretty Nugg you have yourself there Goldfield Joe and a good size.....congrat's mate and well done!

PS.....Dont tell the GPX boys :D

Thanks Metamorphic, I am really pleased, also considering I am a total Newbie obviously still learning the machine after owning it for only
a few days. Lots more to come I hope! I reckon this Gold Detecting business definitely requires a cup half full attitude :D

Latest posts