⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gidday guys,
A pic of my 2 biggest from our 2 night trip this week to state forest in Victoria. 25 nuggets for 13 grams. 3 biggest were 1.6, 1.7 and 4.5 found by my GPX5000 ( all shallow ) and the other 22 shared equally between the GPX and my partner with " her " SDC2300 ! :)
The rest are soaking in Ali Brite ATM to clean them up. I put up some Youtube clips for anyone interested : Just copy and paste : Minelab GPX5000 4.5 gram nugget into the YouTube search ( not allowed to post direct links here yet ! ).

Cheers,
Rick

45and17gramnugget_zps180da2de.jpg

Nice bright color (good in purity) nuggets there Araratgold.

They are really prickly also which tells me they have shed from the primary deposit not to far away it would seem.

25 nuggets? Your onto a patch my friend

I would be putting the GPX away after a thorough grid search and loaming those finds dude :)

Good luck :)

@Redfin.....looks like a sharks tooth mate, bit of host rock in it but who cares right! Excellent work ;)

Regards

Some finds for the last 2 days with SDC2300:
Day 1:
1409648754_14095528215761.jpg

1409648556_14095528119510.jpg

Day 2:
1409648498_14096437110021.jpg

1409648524_14096437016960.jpg

Couple of speccis today - sunbakers right next to an ants nest :eek:
The small one won't have too much but not sure on the big one? Can only see a pin head show of gold on the outside?

Ummm... My show and tell is just tell today folks. Couldn't get a good close up photo. My second ever nugget today, with my new White's TDI Pro Oz and a 12X7 NF Elliptical Coil. It weighed 0.2 grams. I was surprised I even found it! The signal was faint, dug it about 3" down, in really tough mineralized ground and a mobile tower not 500m away. I am impressed with the capabilities of both the detector and the coil. Looks like it wasn't far from the original source so I will have a scratch around tomorrow. Hopefully more to come!

mbasko said:

Broke the bigger bit up & I'm left now with 3 x speccis, 1 x small flake & a bowl full of rock to dolly up. There is some visible but small specks noticeable in the other broken up quartz so will get a small amount more out of it.
1409825118_14097081456710.jpg

Got the speccis having a soak to clean them up now.

The photo link doesn't work for me, might need to re-upload the image. :)

Sorry, works now, must be my steam powered tablet, thanks for sharing. :8

Coota said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3791/1410012352_image.jpg

29 grams, found with a ML4500, only a few inches down but in an undetected area. Could only spend half an hour there but will be there again in about a months time. Hopefully I will have something to post about.

Nice flu remedy coota

Which part of the country ?

( by the way on a forum I don't expect you to state exactly - plus or minus 300-400 km will do)

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks Headsup, and what a great forum it is! I have been through the threads to pick up tips for the ML5000 I will be buying shortly, the only concern I have is the possibility of a new model coming out.
I'm an old Kalgoorlie fella, done heaps of detecting with the early model Garrets years ago with some success and will have to revisit the old haunts. No doubt they would have been pretty well gone over since I was there.
The nugget in the pic came from the Leonora area.
Cheers.

;)
1410302879_mistys_birthday_009.jpg
e

Fathers Day Gold in New Zealand

Hi Guys
I jumped the ditch on Friday 5th to crash my granddaughters first birthday
and to check on the gold claim that my son his mate and my self are hoping to obtain soon.
Instead of the usual fishing trip we usually have on fathers day we decided to take a quick trip up to "our creek"
We found these 4 wee nuggets over a stretch of 300 metres in about 1 hour.
The creek on the claim area is narrow, steep sided, nuggety ( forgive the pun) and about 400 metres long.
A bit of a mission to get into it and would be bad after some heavy rain. No photos sorry.
I am being made redundant at the end of September so will head back to NZ and hopefully have a claim to work for a while.
Its been a good time over here coming on 11 years now when it was supposed to be a 1 - 2 year contract.
I have not found any gold here but recently cashed up $105 in coins found with my Gold Bug II since I bought it in May.
I will keep a progress report going in this forum as I have found many interesting stories, facts and information, since joining so would like to contribute from an "off shore " situation.
Thanks to all forum contributors and may you all find the ultimate target
Regards
Misty

misty said:
;) https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...ages/2486/1410302879_mistys_birthday_009.jpge

Fathers Day Gold in New Zealand

Hi Guys
I jumped the ditch on Friday 5th to crash my granddaughters first birthday
and to check on the gold claim that my son his mate and my self are hoping to obtain soon.
Instead of the usual fishing trip we usually have on fathers day we decided to take a quick trip up to "our creek"
We found these 4 wee nuggets over a stretch of 300 metres in about 1 hour.
The creek on the claim area is narrow, steep sided, nuggety ( forgive the pun) and about 400 metres long.
A bit of a mission to get into it and would be bad after some heavy rain. No photos sorry.
I am being made redundant at the end of September so will head back to NZ and hopefully have a claim to work for a while.
Its been a good time over here coming on 11 years now when it was supposed to be a 1 - 2 year contract.
I have not found any gold here but recently cashed up $105 in coins found with my Gold Bug II since I bought it in May.
I will keep a progress report going in this forum as I have found many interesting stories, facts and information, since joining so would like to contribute from an "off shore " situation.
Thanks to all forum contributors and may you all find the ultimate target
Regards
Misty

what do they allow you to work a small claim with there ?

I saw a youtube video of some kiwi guys using dredges which have been banned here since 1980 ~ so i am guessing a dredge or trommel plant would be viable ?

I worked in open-cut (uranium and iron ore) all my life and some of the best operators i ever saw were Kiwi's.

We used to give em shit, but they taught me a lot ;)

Thanks and god bless boys! :cool:

Thanks for the kind words TTKooAu and Metamorphic

Headsup I know we can use dredges over there on private claims I am not sure on large trommel type recovery
We certainly wont be able to use a trommel in our creek its too steep
but a small portable dredge would be in the rock pools below the waterfalls (I hope)
Its going to be a learning curve I think
Cheers
Misty :)

Latest posts