What Made You Smile Today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Story on tonight’s news in Adelaide on 7 and appearing on Facebook, a flashback 26 years to the day my brother( in the jumper) and two other police officers saved Chris a young boy being washed down the Sturt Creek in western Adelaide.View attachment 5087
That is nothing short of heroic ❤️ I'm sure Chris and his family are forever grateful for the efforts of your brother and everyone else involved.

It just so happened I knew the bloke who manufactured and maintained the trash racks in the creek, so I got one from him and laminated all the press clipping etc onto a board, mounted in the frame under glass, added four legs and it is now a rather large coffee table in his house. We are justifiably proud of him and he is certainly a worthy recipient of his bravery medal. He finished his police career in Port Lincoln and had a visit from Chris (the young boy) as an adult with his partner and child out of the blue. A great reunion.

I advertised a SXS on Gumtree yesterday for 17K and got an offer this morning for 12K 🤔 The reason given by buyer for the low offer was he had to travel to pick up. In reply I asked him with a smile as I typed, are you flying first class from London? :rolleyes: 🤣

I advertised a SXS on Gumtree yesterday for 17K and got an offer this morning for 12K 🤔 The reason given by buyer for the low offer was he had to travel to pick up. In reply I asked him with a smile as I typed, are you flying first class from London? :rolleyes: 🤣
Similar but different item, agreed to meet him half way and then he asked if he could get a discount considering he was travelling 2 hours each way to meet me. Asked him if he would consider paying more as I was travelling 2 hours each way to meet him.

This is my Tommy ( Toyger ) 😀
Reminds me of a story from an old India hand.
A British colonel was walking in his garden when he came face-to-face with a large Bengal tiger.
He turned and ran back to the bungalow. The tiger came after him, gathered itself to leap, slipped and fell,in a heap allowing the colonel to gain safety.
Somene said, "I always thought of Bengal tigers as being particularly sure-footed. What did it slip in".
The colonel replied, "Man, it is plain that you have never been chased by a Bengal tiger".

Reminds me of a story from an old India hand.
A British colonel was walking in his garden when he came face-to-face with a large Bengal tiger.
He turned and ran back to the bungalow. The tiger came after him, gathered itself to leap, slipped and fell,in a heap allowing the colonel to gain safety.
Somene said, "I always thought of Bengal tigers as being particularly sure-footed. What did it slip in".
The colonel replied, "Man, it is plain that you have never been chased by a Bengal tiger".
The lion tamer led his young apprentice into the cage. “The first thing to remember,” said the older man, “is that if a lion jumps at you, throw something at it.”
“And what do I do if there’s nothing to throw?”
The lion tamer said, “If a lion jumps at you __ there will be.”

Latest posts