What Made You Smile Today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a feel good thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please feel free to add to this thread as you smile at something :Y:

Getting this out of my cellar for our wedding anniversary today :Y: :Y: :Y:

1491702659_imag0249_v1.jpg

1491702683_imag0251_v1.jpg

It's fowl weather here in Victoria and I got all my paper work up to date :Y: :Y: :) :)

DrDuck said:
Happy anniversary, it's my 29th anniversary today, as well.

I could see it was a Henschke in the first pic, but thought it might be a Hill of Grace! Not that there is anything wrong with the Keyneton, a lovely drop!

Congrats mate. Anyone that can shed 40/50 Kilos and cook as well must have intestinal fortitude plus--great effort from both of you.
Jaros O:)

Nice age on that red mate, hope for your sake its not 'corked'.... that would put a spoiler on things.
My apologies for the negative thought :(

Congrats xcvator, and a lovely drop you picked for your anniversary :Y:
I smiled when panning some of Brother Rob's Golden Spear Mine concentrates today (grim weather here in Melbourne), with some nice pickers showing up. Then the frown set in as their black sands are damn hard to separate and are a good teaching aid for the amateur panner. Then smiled again as I was using my grandpa's rusty old pan, and remembered how when teaching me to pan as a kid, he swore that it had to be rusty to stop the gold from swirling, and it did. Took around 2 hours of patience before I was finally happy that I had missed very little.

Changed wheel bearings, brakes and packed ute for 10 day northern adventure. Today is a gooood day.
Congrats on anniversaries guys and ladies they are special days. :Y: :party:

Northeast said:
Silver - toy or real?? Awesome find if it's real!!!! :Y:

Find of the month ya might say?
Just a capgun Northeast, it's a TEXAN JUNIOR. :D

This is my smile for the day sorry its so long but i need to explain the whole story
Today we went to the .. red hot summer tour 2017 (open air yes in the open under the clouds )
Arrived at 11am was not due to start until 1430 (gates open at 1330)so yes we went shopping (did i mention i hate shopping)
Beautiful day sun shining slight breeze (forcast for late rain yea right no way)
Had fold up chairs blanket and picnic blanket (remember that last one)
Parked 50m from the gate (forgot that a few thousand people will be leaving the same time as me (MY BAD)
Joined the lineup at at 1245 (line goes for at least 300m)
Ok all good i can handle that it Is getting a bit hot now but all good at least i am not walking around the shops (did i mention i hate shopping)
We get in go to within 10m of the moss pit (should have been called the hip replacement pit lots of older people there)
Got some hot dogs for lunch (they were stone cold ) dam hungry so ate them anyway (9 dollars each)
Night falling so on the off chance i went and got some ponchos (5 dollars each looked like it might rain)
Now the fun starts partner asked why i got them waste of money (silly question look at the sky ) black as anything
she informs me that it will NOT rain (this is going to get interesting if it does)
One hour later the rain god let all hell rain down upon us my partner grabbed the poncho and put it on (waste of time )
I grabbed the picnic blanket turned it inside out (they are water proof) and put it over me like a tent covering the chair and me i asked her if she wanted to share as the poncho is very thin and not the best in the rain we were getting she said she would be fine (this will turn into a i told you so moment)
Half hour later i am bone dry she is soaked her chair has a pool of water on it (i hope it was water) now is the time with the biggest smile on my face i had to say it .. I TOLD YOU SO
It got cold very quick after that i think she was a bit grumpy or was it just the wind that came after the rain (will have to think about that one )
All in all it was a good night (yes she has gone home and i am still smiling (will have to stop that when she comes over tomorrow)

This morning my missus told me she was popping out to get milk as we'd run out.
This evening I was out and for some reason I rang my missus and asked her if she did manage to get milk this morning....she had forgotten. All good.
I divert to the grocery store and I'm loading up a trolley of provisions when I see a stressed looking man with two young children. One child was walking in front of the trolley and the other, younger child was standing inside the trolley, holding onto each side, scanning the store with his eyes.
Then the kid, who couldn't have been more than 3 years old, stood proudly in the middle of the trolley with his back to his trolley pushing father and started shouting 'SELFIE, SELFIE, SELFIE, SELFIE' at the top of his voice. I could see the Dad wince a bit.

I then had a vision of that poor man returning home to a woman whose main contribution to humanity was teaching her young boy the importance of 'Selfies'.

I smiled to myself whilst picking up a leg of lamb and dropping it in the trolley and thought to myself....thankfully I don't have to go home to a wife like that!

Sometimes the smallest things can make you smile :)

Latest posts