What do you do for work ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most guys will never know how much damage can be caused by simply fumbling and dropping a bolt or spanner can be... :/
yass00_Au said:
IRATA L2 (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) ticketed Industrial Rope Access Technician providing remedial building solutions and building maintenance services on Sydney's external high rise facades.

Love my work!

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...280&bih=588#tbm=isch&q=industrial+rope+access

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_access

http://www.irata.org.au/

Ross

greencheeks77 said:
davent said:
Screw atm (last 9 years), have been, parratrooper, fishing guide, used carsalesman (hopeless one) zoo keeper and a directional drilling tech. Lol
I liked being 2 of them!
No1 would have to bee the zoo keeper or the fishing guide I would guess, I used to work on a private sanctuary it was the best times I have probably ever experienced even though the job was 24/7 even had a giraffe called Checkers I could give a whistle and he would come running out from some pandanus palms to say G'day or just run beside the feed truck and all sorts of animals and then Barra fishing in the evenings as your wallowing in a rock pool :) those were the days :lol: Now I am a House husband / Dish pig :lol: ;)

Spot on mate, zoo keeper was the best thing ive ever done, wish I could still do it, however, money wasn, t great, I cried when I quit.
fishing guide was fun.....most of the time, but it became work and the love left it....the love never left, working with critters.

i used to climb up trees putting those little stickers on the apples.

but i got sacked coz some of them were upside down...

nah bullship.

I operate a business designing , manufacturing and servicing mining equipment and heavy earthmoving custom attachments, also do pressure welding to pipeline and pressure vessels , structural steel , ticketed for every welding process except underwater , every material except titanium , work on hydraulics , pnuematics and heavy power transmission design up to 100,000 newton metres or so of torque.
My favourite jobs are the ones people say cant be done , favourite diagnostics are the ones where everyone else failed to even correctly understand the problem and then couldnt understand why their solutions didnt work :cool:

have been welding , milling and machining since 8 years of age , self employed in this business 21 years.

Yep headsup, the most satisfying jobs are the ones others couldnt complete or complete properly makes you feel like youve accomplished something.

I work for a small family owned hospitality wholesaler & retailer selling everything from plastic forks to kitchen sinks.
11years in retail, warehousing, purchasing and customer education... ah I mean service :lol:
Currently senior sales rep / agony aunt to said customers. :p

I work as a gas field operator, great job never boring always something to keep you interested & what used to be the best thing I worked outside most of the time.
Unfortunately now spend most of my time indoors trolling through reports & trends on production & failure reporting, I do get to go outside but not as much as would like.

I'm a detective......if that's what we're called when we detect for gold ;)

I'm actually a mechanic by trade but I've spent most of my life self employed building things. I started out with an auto electrical firm before doing my time maintaining a fleet of bakery vehicles (when we used to get bread home delivered) and looking after the bakery maintenance. I built the first mini-mix concrete trucks in Brisbane before going on to steel frame houses, steel fishing trawlers, mining equipment and excavator buckets before heading to WA.

Here I did 10yrs modifying mostly LandCruisers into crew cabs, vans, tour buses, 6WD's and mining vehicles. Then I put my last 8yrs into making RHD Hummer vehicles and components. I gave up a couple of years back and bought a metal detector and then Mrs M retired after a lifetime of school teaching so I bought her one too.

Now we're both detectives and poor but happier than we've ever been :) :)

I work for the Barro Group. Supervisor/Front end loader operator :mad: 13 hrs days :mad: The guys i work with is like working at a Lunatic Asylum :eek:

bazxa said:
No longer working & getting away still difficult!!
Ex commercial aircraft technical instructor . Best part was simulator training.
B767, B747 ,A330 and A380 airframe & engines.

I LIKE IT! :)

LC76 said:
I'm nothing (disability pension)
I would like to call myself "Prospector" but in reality I'm just a "Scavenger"
Everybody is a something mate - even as the rollercoaster slows towards the end of the ride.
Probably shouldn't call myself a "Prospector" as I don't do it for a living, but gold detecting is not "Scavenging" if it's your hobby and gets you out into our majnificent outdoors. God Bless.