What do you do for work ....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electronic security installer and adviser - service, maintain and install electronic security alarms, access control systems and CCTV networks.

Edit: this is a great topic by the way, ive always wondered what sort of careers like minded people are pursuing :D

:/ ....as an ex Concrete & Soil tester, i'm now wondering if i may have met some of you fellas onsite. :eek: :p

Don't know what my next employment will be now, since many places are now testing in-house since the GFC.

I have a business in metallurgy I want to begin but am in need of funding unfortunately... 8.(

Might have to look a bit into crowd funding.... :eek: :p

Hmmm. an idea for a new thread. *edit*...see Gen. Chat for new thread if interested. ;)

GGA

What do I do.......? About 3 times as much as those below me and twice as much as those above me which they probably all consider far less important than what they do.

Welcome to middle management fml.

Waste Management services, the most recent stop on a very long line of different occupations. I've spent time and qualified in scrap metal recovery, senior retail management and trade qualified painter & decorator. Steered a few rigs and machines in my time, that's definitely been much more enjoyable above everything else.

For all intensive purposes I'll be the brain surgeon ( sounds good hey ) ,.... am I really the only professional Detectorist on here ?
I can't believe it ( neither should you ).
Professional Mrs Pleaser ( gotta put a bit into it sometimes )( not a real crowd pleaser though ) . ;)

just a thought :rolleyes: but while we are at it we should name the other terms for our employment ,

Farmer = rock hopper , tussock jumper , saddle frigger , cow collector , compulsive gambler, tractor jockey and poverty pursuer .

and maybe terms for our prospecting adventures ,

alluvial = rock washer

detecting = nail beeper

just a thought :D

BigWave said:
Silver, I generally understand about half of your posts. What's the weather like on the planet you come from :lol:
Bleak, stark, and dusty mostly, but it does have its good days where I can see through mostly anything.The outlook is foreboding (eventually), but then that's the same for any planet. 8) :cool:

I have been retired for nine years, but keep busy doing a lot of volunteer work. I am mainly based in Melbourne in warmer months, mainly working on bicycle events, then usually all around Oz during the cooler months on farms/cattle stations, etc, combined with some detecting and checking out this great country. Formally trained in Radio and electronics, then got involved with computers (software & hardware) from 1970, which is when I got my first computer. Spent the last 11+ years of paid employment as a corporate auditor for a big multinational, tripping all around Oz & the world, which is why now I focus my activities and travels in Oz. I still do some minor computer application development and support on a voluntary basis.

Retired roadside assistance hero, as in RACV, NRMA, RACWA, RACQ, etc. Could write a book about Joe Public's car nightmares after 35 years of shift work on the roads. Not missing it a bit! haha. :cool:

Used to be a paramedic. Went into my own businesses in public liability consultancy then bought a firm of building designers in Thailand and fell foul of authorities before semi retiring back to Australia, this time in Tasmania, where the best trout are.

Diesel mechanic fix and maintain anything from the trusty old hilux ute to brand new trucks and machines, went truck driving and machine operating for a few years but got bored with it so started working for myself back on the tools, in the illawarra area if anyone gets stuck, doing mobile welding and fabricating as well.

Latest posts