Twin cab ute canopies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DIGGER DANNY said:
Sliding side windows as suggested by Colmaca as you do not have to replace the struts that hold them open.
I have the flip out ones and wish I had sliding. On the other hand sliding windows only open half compared
to the flip ones.

Cheers

Cheers DD,
I am leaning more toward the lift-up windows as most of the use the canopy will get is camping out of the back of the ute, and the sliding ones don't seem to offer the ease of access to the tub as the lift-up ones. The side windows wouldn't get much use in normal everyday activities and one can only hope that the struts would last a while.
Am more than willing to be corrected on this. :)
I guess that if the struts did fail they are not that expensive to replace.
Thank you for your reply DD.
Cheers,
Billy.

I have the lift up in mine the only problem is how to open and let air in and not dust from the back . but I found a way around I stuff something in front to keep them open. then again with lift up I have a LED strip on one and leave it open when camping .

G'day Colmaca, the led lights is a brilliant (no pun intended) idea!
A lot of the canopies I have looked at have front sliding windows to allow access to the ute back window for cleaning. I wonder if they were left open a little would enough air get in to pressurize the canopy?
My other ute (which I am sorting out to sell) has a canvas canopy with a vent at the top right drivers side and has been on a few dusty roads without ever letting dust into the back.

I put a vent top mine :p I bad thing when I put my Kayak on top is causes a suction back and pulls dust into the back , that's why I learnt to open my windows :) all good without a Kayak on top.

No worries bout a kayak for me Colmaca, and prob the only thing in the future to go up top would be a roof top tent of some sort.
Interesting that it draws the dust back in though.
Cheers,
Billy.

Latest posts