Safe transport of detector in Ute canopy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubstake

Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Locally I have my detector and day trip equipment on the floor in my enclosed aluminium ute canopy. Has anyone worked out a secure way of hanging the detector from the roof of the canopy for longer journeys? I am heading from Vic to WA mostly on road but will do some gentler off-road. Or is this not the best idea? Thanks Phil
Your suggestions/thoughts please, for @LuckyPhil55.

I use a few Railblaza products on my kayaks and tinny.. what might be of use could be Railblaza Rodrak Pole holder or G-hold... Ram mounts or Scotty mounts might do someting similar. Usually available at all good chandlery stores
I have found a product that may suit better
Quick Fist Rubber Clamps for shovels etc many sizes
you could fasten to your canopy roof
And pack it out with some pool noodle if needed

Last edited:
Same as Nightjar, few years back a friend lost there GPX 7000 and various other bits and pieces in the shopping carpark in Kalgoorlie from the back of there Landcruiser ute, the canvass covered back was slashed on the side and the goods lifted out to never be seen again, turned there trip over here from Sth Ozz into a expensive one, luckilly at that time we had two 5000s and we loaned them one, which they ended up buying off us anyways, but lesson learnt, the Tillys now have a Boston box on the back of the Tojo nowadays.