Tasmania information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wolfy..don't worry about the Greens...they are focusing on the Great Barrier Reef and trying to convince everyone in my neck of the woods that it will all be gone in a blink. I know we are not supposed to get political...but double dissolution was best thing that could have happened...now just want SHY to get shafted from the Senate and I will shift from a grumpy old man to a happy old man.

cheers mate
Mike :)

Yes we must be "PC" and not discuss the "Undeniable Truth",but the end is near for "PC"

Regards Frank

If you go online to KAT or Pirate Bay , there are 2 Gold Fever shows done in Tasmania.

Tom is a friend of Marcus Ambrose & he is with him on both shows

One show is called Lobster Nuggets , so you should be able to get some info from that

Both near the West coast I think

Cheers Paul

Osmawhatium?

Lol, will get to tassie one day, will look wierd, detector, pan and flyrod!

BigWave said:
Osmiridium: Really dense, pungent and toxic. Sounds just like me :) Pan away.

You're thinking of Osmium, Osmiridium is not toxic that I know of, it used to be used for fountain pen nibs.

Read up on Platinum, group metals Davent, they are pretty interesting. Denser than gold extremely heat resistant. Rhodium (another PGM) was once worth 7 times the price of gold a few years back, used in catalytic converters. :)

There's plenty of gold around.

Lisle my favourite but West coast has the nuggets that one the members doing well with.

Sapphires also are great on the Weld river.

Thank Redmanti...sapphires on the Weld River.

The name 'Weld' took me straight back to an Aussie TV show called 800 words...all about a bloke (recently turned a widower) who moved his family to a town called Weld in NZ.

Riddled through out the show were references to using Weld such as ' welcome to the Weld'...the 'Weld Games'...'Weld News'...

you have to say it out loud to get the funny side.

Anyway, thanks mate...heading to Tassie next year and will take a small McKirk sluice, pan pick and shovel and try my luck. :)

Not sure how to do the link ., but check out the TASMANIAN PROSPECTING FORUM . run by Phil . a great site with all things Prospecting and Fossicking down here eh ! sure to enlighten you all .
Cheers Cormorant. ;)

There's a guy who calls himself the Apple Isle Prospector and has a website of the same name with a list of nugget finds and the area they were found in. I haven't been on there for a while, so I'm not sure of the spread of the nuggets but Corinna, Queenstown, Melba Flats did feature heavily, but I thought there were some spots in the northeast as well. He seems to do okay with an SDC too.

Hi All

Im going to Tassie soon for a Holiday with the family, and obviously Ill have to have a little bit of a swing while Im there seems like to good of an opportunity to Pass up!.
And being from Vic I use Geovic , But whats the Equivalence for Tassie apart from books with maps?.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Dirtdiggin

Latest posts