I'm excited !! (+ WA prospecting queries)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been lurking on this forum for years, have done a bit of panning and sluicing in Qld & NSW and am in WA for the first time. Got myself an SDC2300, Trilobite and will be heading to the goldfields for a week or two. If I can find a bit of colour I may even get the wife interested which would allow me to spend more time on this great past time.
I have a WA miners right and am looking at Southern Cross, Mt Magnet, Yalgoo areas to start with.
My question is, where would be a good area considering the limitations of the SDC and where I can impress the Mrs.
Can we camp on pending leases. Any other tips are welcome
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Been lurking on this forum for years, have done a bit of panning and sluicing in Qld & NSW and am in WA for the first time. Got myself an SDC2300, Trilobite and will be heading to the goldfields for a week or two. If I can find a bit of colour I may even get the wife interested which would allow me to spend more time on this great past time.
I have a WA miners right and am looking at Southern Cross, Mt Magnet, Yalgoo areas to start with.
My question is, where would be a good area considering the limitations of the SDC and where I can impress the Mrs.
Can we camp on pending leases. Any other tips are welcome
Cheers
Yep can camp and detect on pending but 2 things to be aware of: firstly just make sure the blue pending area isnt on an existing tenement (so essentially a special prospecting licence). You cant prospect there without either a 40E for the underlying E lease or permission for the holder if the underlying lease is a Prospecting licence. Basically, if the tenement number has an "S" behind it, its a no good without permission.
Secondly, should always contact the station owner to advise where you are camping and assure them you will abide by the rules.

You SDC2300 is a good choice to find your first piece however it's not the best for exploring new areas. Your best chance of finding gold is to go where others have found gold in the past. Using Trilobite download gold locations, preferably Scrape & Detect or Dryblowing areas. These areas are more likely to have alluvial gold. Most of these old previously mined areas will give up a little more if you work low and slow. Be prepared to find more rusty junk than gold but that's the price you pay for being in the right spot.

Latest posts