Show us your Dog / Best mate

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new kid on the block, and seriously loved by all the other kids on the block, Abby (not "Batman")
has slotted right on in and is training well, but still has not got a handle on an occasional wiz in the house. :)

Already trying to retrieve the Indian Runner Ducks in the yard, by their long necks, they are not amused. :lol:

1583663194_img_20200116_174652.jpg

1583663194_img_20200117_164319.jpg

1583663195_img_20200117_164605.jpg

1583663195_img_20200117_213153.jpg

1583663196_img_20200120_145240.jpg

1583663196_img_20200124_172155.jpg

1583663197_img_20200129_221534.jpg

LoneWolf said:
Is he finally out of the nipping stage RJ ?... You were having some issues awhile ago... He is so cool... :Y:

LW...

Unfortunately not LW. EVERYTHING is about the mouth. Even showing affection he nips n bites.

Really unfortunate that someone opened the gate, TJ scared them.off but the next poor lady who walked passed.... TJ bit her on the leg bad enough that she needed surgery. $1700 of fines to go with it. Getting professional training. It seems it is fear aggression. He gets scared and lashes out. Have made my yard a fortress so he can't get out.
Still I constantly worry. Next time they will take him away from me. He us such an affectionate dog. Constantly wants pats and cuddles.

Photos melted my heart Ramjet I have had two of them best mates and have always longed for a third but what you answered rings true.

Sitting around my dads having a beer or few my pup was a couple of years young but usually very relaxed even with the mouth but it was always playful until dad jumped up from excitement winning a horse race at HUGE odds over the line and my mate dakka went WHACK.
Surprised everyone that knew him but he did seem to mature after that and very switched on. Loyalty indescribable
RIP DAKKA

Thanks Ramjet and Marksman for the reflection :clap:

Gem in I said:
Photos melted my heart Ramjet I have had two of them best mates and have always longed for a third but what you answered rings true.

Sitting around my dads having a beer or few my pup was a couple of years young but usually very relaxed even with the mouth but it was always playful until dad jumped up from excitement winning a horse race at HUGE odds over the line and my mate dakka went WHACK.
Surprised everyone that knew him but he did seem to mature after that and very switched on. Loyalty indescribable
RIP DAKKA

Thanks Ramjet and Marksman for the reflection :clap:

I have had several cattle dogs over the years. TJ is the purest to the original line that I have had.
He is the wildest animal, most passionate, intelligent, obedient, cuddly, loyal, aggressive, affectionate sook of a dog I have ever owned. Almost 2 years old and still he greets me as an 8 week old pup. He wags his whole body and wants to jump on me but he is trained enough to know that he needs to sit calmly before I give him the attention he desires. Such a paradox.

Oh no that's not good RJ... I really hope He can get over things...

Sometimes they do it as a way of Protecting the Alpha Dog (you) and His Pack(family)... Or is He the Alpha Dog? Has he the run of the house?...
Lots of pats from people He doesn't know(with muzzle on of course) with a small treat can help as well... Helps him to understand that people are not a threat to him, but are actually nice and sometimes give treats...
My little mate had simular issues and attacked anything that moved and I was able to turn him around using the above method...

My mate has a very aggressive Rottweiler and has had to withdraw Him from People contact... He is also on his 'Last Chance'... But for some unknown reason He Loves Me and I can do things with him that my mate can't.... Very strange...

I do hope you can sort him out and enjoy life with him again.. He is soooo cool...

LW...

Fear aggression was the word that rang true to me in ramjets post but I didn't realise it at the time of it happening, seemed way out of character but made him a better dog with more control and less fear.

Different as I understand it as being bred for, like our greyhound with the best temperament in the world but we still cannot have chickens even in a pen/coup for obvious reasons. Takes a special kind of something to un-train instinct but not impossible.
Congrats Lone wolf sounds like a successful way. :Y:

Unfortunate absolutely and amazing they take more time on the detail of the why of things these days.
:beer: to the future of preventing such things.

Hope they can get the little feller out of his bad habits RJ,he is a nice looking blue, as you said he is nearly pure ,he missed by the thickness of his nose, would there be a little bit of smithfield in his family somewhere, they were a bit nippy

My gorgeous little girl Ubi died about 4 year's a go now,

She chosen me from word go,

I did not want a dog,

She won me over

I think of her every day

I never let myself get close to another dog until Madtuna Steve little puppy

That puppy was beautiful and had a wonderful heart ,

But it got a bait and died,

No more puppy's for me

To hard on the heart strings

Goody :(

We had a 30th celebration on Saturday with young and old attending unfortunately or fortunately our eldest grandson (8) was bitten causing a puncture to his ear and upper skull (light flesh wound) by a dog (Sheppard X) that is his masters best mate. The injury isn't to bad and all of our kids and grandchildren have grown up with dogs as family pets and understand the dangers to a degree, we're always watching. The sad thing is the dogs owner didn't take well to the suggestion of putting the dog on a lead it took quite a bit of convincing to have the situation sorted. I don't like having to deal with nasty situations involving aggressive or blood thirty dogs but if it happens again I'll take charge of the things to make certain it's dealt with. The owner is our prospective son in law, what didn't sit well with me and many others his refusal to protect children and other guests by objection to the request of securing the dog from the guests. Some people are a bit out of touch when it comes to pets to the detriment of innocent people.

Heelers are renounced for their unconditional loyalty and need to be watched in the presence of anyone who is temporary in their lives. Fear aggression is a term and a good description, I'm more inclined to see it as natural instinct more so than fear.

I am the same as you goody no more dogs ,i have got my last 3 kelpie's, they worked cattle .We used to breed them, they are pure chocalate kelpie's

1) Fat bum (don't ask) 17 years old female ,blind in both eyes,stone deaf,but still follows your sent on the ground for her evening walk (no other problems)

2)physco 15 year old male, eyes ok bit hard of hearing, back wheels get a bit boggy in winter

3)commonly known as wobby dog,physco's brother, but don't be nice when you pick a name for him, trust me, it has been called it more than once,he is getting on the deaf side and the rest of him is passable

They are sleeping most of the day now, having that well earned rest that they have earned

No photo's because after been stomped ,trampled,kicked,head butted and thrown over the top rail,they would more than likely give the little folk nightmares :lol:

RM Outback said:
We had a 30th celebration on Saturday with young and old attending unfortunately or fortunately our eldest grandson (8) was bitten causing a puncture to his ear and upper skull (light flesh wound) by a dog (Sheppard X) that is his masters best mate. The injury isn't to bad and all of our kids and grandchildren have grown up with dogs as family pets and understand the dangers to a degree, we're always watching. The sad thing is the dogs owner didn't take well to the suggestion of putting the dog on a lead it took quite a bit of convincing to have the situation sorted. I don't like having to deal with nasty situations involving aggressive or blood thirty dogs but if it happens again I'll take charge of the things to make certain it's dealt with. The owner is our prospective son in law, what didn't sit well with me and many others his refusal to protect children and other guests by objection to the request of securing the dog from the guests. Some people are a bit out of touch when it comes to pets to the detriment of innocent people.

Heelers are renounced for their unconditional loyalty and need to be watched in the presence of anyone who is temporary in their lives. Fear aggression is a term and a good description, I'm more inclined to see it as natural instinct more so than fear.

Absolute fair call RM have had an :fistpump: altercation at a Christmas party with an owner of a pitbull. The dog felt threatened and the owner could not see this for love of money even after it bit the child. Owners need to be and are held accountable in most cases.

Latest posts