Shoalhaven River height at Oallen Ford NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was at the ford on Friday, the lowest I have ever seen the river, the rain started as i arrived. It was a last minute trip supposedly before the rain. The area needed a refresh.

Someone posted this on Facebook around midday:

Apparently, a lot of the roads to the west of the bridge are closed.

https://www.facebook.com/Oallen-Ford-Crossing-170596953115550/posts_to_page/

1465183243_oallen_bridge_flood.jpg

From a creek maybe 5-6 meters wide to that, its hard to comprehend. Drove under the bridge between pylons 2 & 3 and was not even close to the river.

Thanks for the photo Dr.

Got a coffee at the shed on the way in from Goulburn side, worst I have ever had & won't do that again.

bazxa said:
From a creek maybe 5-6 meters wide to that, its hard to comprehend. Drove under the bridge between pylons 2 & 3 and was not even close to the river.

Thanks for the photo Dr.

Got a coffee at the shed on the way in from Goulburn side, worst I have ever had & won't do that again.

Where was that, Bazxa? I'm not aware of a coffee available outside of Goulburn, unless it is at Windellama or somewhere?

Chris, its on the right with 2 sheds, one is the shop, the other storage and gas bottles out the front. Fence out the front with 2 gates which are frequently closed. Sign says 8 to 4, should have sometimes after that.
Don't remember if it was close to sandy point rd or mogo rd but it is close to an intersection.
It looks like he is the local lpg supplier.

barry

DrDuck said:
bazxa said:

Thanks for the photo Dr.

Where was that, Bazxa? I'm not aware of a coffee available outside of Goulburn, unless it is at Windellama or somewhere?
Coming from Goulburn,turn left down Oallen rd at Windellama hall.It is 8 km down there on your left,I seen it once going to Oallen from Bungonia.

Eldorado, thanks. I wasn't paying too much attention to my location.
willo1, it was even drier than that last Friday. The pool in front of the blue metal had dried out. thanks.
I will have to start taking pics. of where I am. big X for yellow deposits. It will be interesting to see what has be removed. There was a huge tree that fell about 2 years back at the eastern end, it should be gone.

How much will it have to drop before it can be checked for new deposits?

Tathradj said:
For those who do not know,
It is about 20 meters from the river bed to the underside of the bridge. :eek:

Nah it is not that high (60 odd feet) maybe about 5 or 6 metres above the river bed would be about right.

Cheers CB

Oh No, I will have to go out there next time with a tape measure. LOL
Put it this way, A long way up demonstrating the amount of water going through. :) :)
(Actually, I took that measurement of the master plan for the bridge. Probably takes
into account the river bed depth as well. )

So 20 metres is that distance between the deck of the bridge and the bedrock used to drill the supports into??? kinda makes sense but if thats the case good luck hitting bedrock down under the bridge unless you take your scuba gear and an excavator

Latest posts