Clean up Australia day at Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello All
I visited Oallen Ford last saturday afternoon in the hope to see 7.62 but read the first part of the post and not the last section saturday vs sunday.
OK, the homeless man in the red ford sedan camped under the bridge was packing up and heading out as he didn't want the police to take his details again. Then the convoy of 4 wheel drives came out from a down steam spot , one being towed as the owner drowned the 4wd in the river in the previous night. Then I heard the sound of a motor purring away from an upstream location, a couple of blokes setting up camp for the night and the noise from a pump for his high banker. had a chat with them, victorian number plates on vehicle when they said they come from canberra.
noticed a few cans and a bit of rubbish lying around here and there. I mentioned the use of mechanical tools like a bobcat and surprisingly they confirmed that a bobcat or something comes late at night lights blazing every where so they must be locals .
So, in a short time, discovered 4wheel driving, camping and littering in the environmental reserve which after looking at the signage is not clearly indicated , is the reserve the land above the natural watercourse waterline ???? who knows.
WE who go there are not the enforcement authorities so it may be a bit of a touchy subject to discuss the issues with those we may encounter there.
After all that, I had a thought , to promote our association and forum, in that we have a short session now and then and pick up visible litter , take pics and sent promotional info to the local Council to support our case to reverse that stupid no fires and no camping law so we can legally enjoy fossicking there.
So, to those who go there on a regular basis what do you think.
Does anyone know who owns that kamakasi kangaroo that ran into my car on my way home, got me just behind the front guard mudflap so bull bars are only good for front on shots lol.

Hi mate sorry i missed you
Sunday was a good day
There were a lot of campers there on sunday up stream in behind all the bushes alone the water line never went down stream so i have no idea
Lots of rubbish left behind i came home with a few buckets full as per the norm
I heard that the homeless guy had moved further south must of run into some trouble and came back but he never caused any bother to anyone in fact he was very friendly (his dog wanted to eat me )
4x4 have always been a problem as well as motor bikes they had no regard for any kids playing in the area or other campers they i will say most were full of self importance and doing no wrong and you got out of their way
I will say to the guy in the black holden ute who was doing donuts on the top area you realy made a fool of yourself anyone can do that in the dirt even my turtle
The only ones that i can see or hear that patrol that area are the police i have never seen or heard of anyone else doing it and its a bit hard for therm to get their highway cars off the road so they only do close to the road around the top area
I have had my fill of roos but at least i got them front on then used the fork lift and a chain the straighten the bull bar lol bush panel beating
Cleanup day sounds like the go when it comes back on i am sure we can get a few together and then do a bit of high banking after
The other thing i noticed was that some of the signs are missing or they were just getting covered by tree branches

Typical,
Idiots like this have wrecked it for us. :mad:
I would like to point out, It was not the Council who Banned Camping out there.
Council has no issues with prospecting on their side of the bridge.
I have nearly finished my investigation of Oallen and will put the comments
up later.
Well done to those who had to clean up after the grubs. :) :)
Doug

Mr Homless drove off to the coast and past the nerriga pub. One thing he did say in talking to him was that the police drove around the river bank area so they must have 4wd vehicles. Don't know whether they come from Braidwood or Goulburn. The area is crown land reserve, set aside by the crown , theoretically for the use of the people. The zoning as an environmental reserve would be carried out by the crown however from my brief research on the net , these reserves are generally placed under the control of another body that is the task in hand , to identify which body.
Another comment made to me was that the access to the river area upstream has been closed off . I did note that you drive over a creek on the road to braidwood about 10 ks away and that area was said to be free camping area, does anyone know if it is ????
Oallen ford is a 3 hour drive for me and i would like to stay 2 or 3 days hence a camp site is required and the closed the better.

Im in 2 minds about the whole clean up thing , all the authorities have seemed to have done is moved on the law abiding responsible people while the redneck self lovin sort of guy element have carried on destroying the place as they have always done. They have created the rules and if we go about cleaning up the place on their behalf some tosser polictian who made the call will say WOW look the place is so clean now , good thing we closed it off!!!
Id rather we leave it alone for a while to show its not our crowd that are ruining the place .
Its better to have responsible and caring people visiting and monitoring a place then to have it left abandoned for the garbage element to carry on unwatched and unpoliced . :cool:

Ps.. where are you likely to see burnt out cars , graffiti drug deals , general crime and unruly behavior .. under the public eye ??
Answer no ... the further from the responsible public eye the more the crap happens !!

Latest posts