Gold replenished at Oallen Forde...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last flood certainly moved a lot of fine gold around and your best bet is concentrate on newly exposed bedrock sections. The flood dropped the gold in distinct "Gold Lines". My advice is to dig a narrow channel perpendicular to the water flow and test pan every couple of feet....you will soon find the spot where the gold numbers are the highest. Once you have determined this then dig from that spot parallel to the flow to follow the line. In most cases these lines are only a couple of feet wide.
Hey Wal, I am shortlisting locations for some missions to cut my teeth on, get some panning practice and Christen the GMonster. One of my big handicaps (apart from my lack of experience) is an ungainly 2wd campervan. I'm not afraid to hike in a few kms to places but wondering if places like Oallen ford, Stuart's crossing and Mongarlowe have spots that a two wheeler could park. If so, that should take care of panning practice.
If I can tick that off then I will start a conversation with Crown Lands about some lots that I think have potential for swinging the monster in the same general area.

No problem with 2wd vehicles at Oallen and Stuarts but Mongarlowe is mostly private property and unless you know someone it's hard to get access. Oallen is by far the best location in my books.

Send me a PM and I'll give you a location that will be away from the crowds. ;) ....Cheers Wal.

Latest posts