On This Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By James Earl Ray whom died in prison on 23 rd April 1998 after being sentenced to 100 years. He pleaded guilty to avoid death by electrocution which was advice given by his council. Three days later he sacked his lawyer and changed his plea. Before his death he told his brother that he didn’t want to be buried in America because of how he was treated and when he had passed, they cremated him and returned his ashes to Ireland ancestral home of his grandparents. Sad day for everyone.

Also on this day in 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth just days after the Confederate Army surrendered during the American Civil War. Booth a well respected actor waited until a specific part of the Opera whereby loud laughter was known to take place and thus muffled the sound of the shot. Lincoln was recorded to have been laughing at the time.

Also on this day in 1865, President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth just days after the Confederate Army surrendered during the American Civil War. Booth a well respected actor waited until a specific part of the Opera whereby loud laughter was known to take place and thus muffled the sound of the shot. Lincoln was recorded to have been laughing at the time.
As my dear old Dad would have said, “that‘ll stop you from farting in Sunday School”

I just heard the sad news that Aussie Golfing Great Jack Newton has passed away, he was such an inspiration to everyone, R.I. P Jack

Latest posts