On This Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On This Day In 1896 The World Premiere Of Giacomo Puccini's Opera "La Boheme" Took Place In Turin, Italy. That would have been a pretty cool Opera :Y:

Today Is February 4th, World Cancer Day. Facebook Was Launched On This Day In 2004 And It's Share Price Has Dropped By 26 Percent Overnight, A Pity It Didn't Go Into Liquidation :N:

:goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:
1644036093_153_years_ago.jpg

Today In 1992 18 Yrs old Sachin Tendulkar Scored 114 vs Australia at Perth, WACA. Those Days Perth was Called as the World's Fastest & the most difficult & bouncy pitch & stil it is. We 've no idea of speed of a cricket ball on Television, it's like a bullet fired & this little man had a prowess to face one of the fierce pace attack of that time at their backyards. During the match Aus Bowler (Merv Hughes) told his Captain Allan Border, "Hey Allan this Little Boy is going to get more runs than you" and the rest is a History!!

Manpa said:
I remember the week preceding Black Saturday, I was attending a conference on Phillip Island, there were ominous signs late in the week of the impending fire conditions to come.

I remember manning the fire station from 8am to midnight every day for the month leading up to the day, when available. Everyone is thinking and praying for everyone affected in WA.

dam it said:
:goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :goldnugget:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6727/1644036093_153_years_ago.jpg

Slept many nights in the house John Deason lived and historians get a lot wrong about it's discovery :eek:
On topic Bundy has a Rum drinking, dancing Polar Bear but it also had Bert Hinkler, who on this day in 1928 took off from England to do the 1st solo flight from England to Australia. Aviation has certainly come a long way in less than a century. :Y:

A testament of his popularity is the fact that in 1955 he had over 8000 fan clubs in America alone. :Y: :perfect:

On this day in 2008, Prime Minister Kevin Rudd publically apologised, on behalf of the Federal Government, to the Stolen Generations the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children who were forcibly removed from their families and communities by successive colonial and Australian governments.

All those imperial weights, measures and currency numbers are still lurking in the ol grey matter somewhere.... missed out on the easier to learn decimal maths by 10 years.
Still know what a pint is though :beer: .... 568.261 millilitres :lol:

Interesting Ossie, i saw a bloke at a Christmas function order a pint and when it came out it looked like schooner, when i asked him what happened to the Pint, he said it was a decimal pint. I remember a pint being about 11/2 schooners, what changed?
Mackka

Latest posts