On This Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might help...
1644814017_63e3e917-fb98-4b33-b7b3-c02d203bc1d2.jpg

It would seem the Jug is the only common measure (1140 ml) around Aus.
The best value looks like the Vic. schooner at 485 ml. Pints elsewhere are 425 ml. :/ :beer:

OzzieAu said:
It would seem the Jug is the only common measure (1140 ml) around Aus.
The best value looks like the Vic. schooner at 485 ml. Pints elsewhere are 425 ml. :/ :beer:

Not really value OzzieAu as its Victorian Beer :argh:

We still haven't changed to metric fully, just converted to a different form of measurement, as in the examples above.

Dave's Office said:
On This Day In 1966 Australia changed to decimal currency :money:
Funny that,I received a message from a coin collector who I follow on Instagram today to let me know I had won his giveaway.The prize was a 1966 Round 50 cent coin.(80% silver)

On This Day In 1983 Ash Wednesday Bushfires Wreaked Havoc And Caused Death And Destruction In South Australia And Victoria 8.( :flowers: I remember this tragic event so well, one of my mates lost his sister and two nieces in the Adelaide Hills. R.I.P

Remember it well, shocking few days. As a result of Ash Wednesday we now have the Fire Danger Rating system :Y:

With the weather events of Ash Wednesday setting the formula Temperature, Humidity,
Wind Speed, Fuel loading. The fire danger ratings predictions allowed for the upper limit being 100. On Black Saturday using the same formula the upper limit in some locations achieved numbers of 300 and above.

I was camping at Marysville, Vic. at the time and left to return to Adelaide two days before Black Saturday.
I still remember how beautiful that area was before it was destroyed.

Marysville 8.( :flowers: absolutely beautiful, once was still is thanks to the locals :clap: :clap: absolute champions as with the good folks of every community that deals with any crisis :beer:

"On This Day In 1975 Colour Television Officially Started In Australia". I can remember clearly at the time I was renting a Black And White TV and wishing I could afford to rent a Colour TV :rainbow:

Dave's Office said:
"On This Day In 1975 Colour Television Officially Started In Australia". I can remember clearly at the time I was renting a Black And White TV and wishing I could afford to rent a Colour TV :rainbow:

Yes I remember a few months prior to that they had a few short films as a test run on the Graeme Kennedy Show. Awaited with baited breathe to see them. One was a penguin in the Antarctic and the other a nun reading a newspaper. :awful:

Latest posts