Amazing and scary read :O

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KarlS said:
Yes and pigs will fly.
Some of it will happen, but over all such predictions are over optimistic.
Most likely we will have world war 3 and go back to bow and arrows.
Karl

This seems the most likely future for us when you look at the type of people that may soon be in charge of the most powerful country on earth. This guy had it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

A digital photo will always be poor quality compared to a chemical based photo of light sensitives. Not dots (pixels). So original kodak film eats over any digital.
A machine will never be deemed to perform for safety. It cannot calculate all situation no matter what anyone sais. Computers don't understand us, we tell them how to understand. You can immitate it but again it will never be full success
Isn't bitcoin already obsolete...

I remember being told, when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's, that by the year 2000 we'd all be shuttling back and forth to the moon as if we were jumping on the bus.

Wtf happened???

The Grain of Film comes down to the Film's Speed and what Format IE 35mm or 2 and a 1/4 (inch) etc, Some were bigger and some were smaller, 8 to 10 meg cameras are very close to 35mm,

I remember back around the late 1980s they started fitting computers and such in BMW's and I worked on the first models that came to OZ and they were a PITA, because the cars controlled everything, That week they made my $400.00 Snap-On Timing light redundant, That was the first thin I noticed, Needless to say I was not too happy about that, And then Carb balancers became something that collects dust and now you don't need to be a Mechanic to work on cars you just need a code reader and a laptop, Bloody progress my ass, But I still got my Timing Lights and Carb balancer,

I like knobs and switches on my detectors like the Eureka Gold and the SD / GP series and of coarse my MXT, I just like using my machines and the finds are a Bonus so I am kind of glad detector tech does not move too fast, I remember back when I bought my first GP 3500 and within 3 to 4 months Minelab bought out the GPX 4000, I won't repeat what I said at the time but I remember wishing my dealer had said some thing, But as it turned out I prefer the SD / GP series.

Some progress is good But progress for progress sake is not a good thing.

John.

There's 5 minutes of life i'll never get back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
%100 electric cars by 2020 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the worlds super powers own the petroleum industry, an industry not to be effed with, the people who have tried are now dead.
These superpowers go to war over the precious black substance and will till it's all gone, then they will find more
The tech you see in Formula 1 right now will take more than ten years + before they are fully used for passenger vehicles that aren't supercars for rich people, and it will be quicker to walk than take the automated cars
The technology for automated cars will not happen due to Terrorism anything with gps capability to drive a vehicle without a driver has availability for other uses, the day it does everyone will have tracking chips in their neck so THEY WILL BE WATCHING YOU :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At my age it's a maybe/maybe not possibility I may see the dawn of human/machine hybrid making it possible to exceed the current lifespan predictions for my generation, and certainly it will be a reality for coming generations.
Enhancement (think pacemakers, robotic limb replacement, Oscars legs) will ebb starkly toward the norm and add ons taking humans to the next level is less than a decade away. Instead of machines and robots taking roles/jobs away, we will shortly be the machines.

I see this as natural evolution that's not biologically driven, but mechanics driven. Far fetched? Perhaps, but look at super soldier engineering, warfare has always preceeded the advancements in society, and tell me straight that human/machine hybrid humanity isn't coming.
Sure the suits will still be styled in silk but the manual labour will still be run by the grunts in biomech suits.
That for me is not some scary fantasy but a great horizon we will cross to become an enhanced humanity, and I can't wait for the day to arrive. In the history of man kind there has never been a more exciting time to be alive. I look at my grandmother and see what she witnessed, and her parents witness, horse and cart to formula 1, the rise of flight to jumbo traversing the globe with millions of passengers, rockets launched from short distances to objects launched into the depths of space,telegrams to telephones to smartphone, biros to computers sending virtual mail, to skyping, the list goes on. In a century and a half we have nearly arrived from medicines to medical science to near immortal, and everyday we take one step closer. That all told is a thing of beauty and triumph, and something I feel overwhelming lucky to be in the middle of.

Latest posts