I'm over it

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trusted said:
At the end of the day, it's not your spot, research or not, as it's not your land to begin with.
Get over it and move on.

Geez thats a bit of a rough attitude?

CTX is not talking about a public park, school ground or racecourse etc.

Hes talking about somewhere way out of the way where no one has ever swung a detector, because no one ever put in the time to research it.

Hes gone and trusted the wrong person and maybe not covered his tracks thinking no harm or foul would come out of it.

Someone has taken advantage of that and cleaned the area out and yeah there are no laws against it, only a code of conduct that some choose to follow. Some dont.

Hopefully he already pulled out the good targets.

ctxkid said:
i'm :brokenh: :lol: :lol: :awful: :8

Just gotta hope you got most of the decent targets and there was mostly only junk and iron targets left.

Depends on the size of the area I guess. Maybe work concentric circles outside the main target area?

Still might be worth going over, maybe they hit shallow targets with an inferior detector.

They could have walked away with bugger all.

What does your missus swing? You can come grab my Nox ;)

AussieChris said:
CTX is not talking about a public park, school ground or racecourse etc.

correct

Hes talking about somewhere way out of the way where no one has ever swung a detector, because no one ever put in the time to research it.

:100: % correct 8.( 8.( 8.( :brokenh:

Hes gone and trusted the wrong person and maybe not covered his tracks thinking no harm or foul would come out of it.

correct :8 :8 talked to much when the last puzzle piece fell in :eek: :mad: :lol:

Someone has taken advantage of that and cleaned the area out and yeah there are no laws against it, only a code of conduct that some choose to follow. Some dont.

:brokenh: correct , it'a dog act :poop:

Hopefully he already pulled out the good targets.

i gave it my best shot for a good result :power: :power: nobody gets everything :Y: i hope all they got was crap :cool:

hahaha so funny, I meant the photos, anyways, enjoy what you are doing because life is short and no matter what you do in this populated world there are others out there who do the same things you do and you can't do anything about it, I think you should be happy to work with others and maybe even make friends, you don't take it with you to the grave then share it mate, enjoy most of all and smile the world will smile to you , cheers from a beginner who only dreams and never dug a hole hahaha :lol:

AussieChris said:
ctxkid said:
i'm :brokenh: :lol: :lol: :awful: :8

Just gotta hope you got most of the decent targets and there was mostly only junk and iron targets left.

junk (old) there is a bit of that , so hopefully yeah , it was either a shite detector or a good one running open screen....dunno

Depends on the size of the area I guess. Maybe work concentric circles outside the main target area?

i have to get my mojo back first :(

Still might be worth going over, maybe they hit shallow targets with an inferior detector.

They could have walked away with bugger all.

What does your missus swing? You can come grab my Nox ;)

see swings a mean gofind :power: :power: but not too keen , so it's only me , but hey man , thanx for the offer :beer: :clap:

It's called tough love.
If you are heartbroken, go to your wife for that.
I'm sick and tired of people crying out about thier gold locations.
Let me put it to you this way kidd, I've had more gold thieves than you can imagine,thats why my avatar is "trusted"
The worst offenders are the ones that have time on thier hands and I've heard it all before, oh I've never done a Dirty on anyone, this is my spot, I found this spot first, the list goes on with excuses.
:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

liliane said:
hahaha so funny, I meant the photos, anyways, enjoy what you are doing because life is short and no matter what you do in this populated world there are others out there who do the same things you do and you can't do anything about it, I think you should be happy to work with others and maybe even make friends

friends ....i've tried that :(

an hey there is a difference in 'working with someone' an doing 'all the work' for someone, i do prefer the prior :cool:

you don't take it with you to the grave then share it mate

i don't see gleaning is sharing mutually :8

enjoy most of all and smile the world will smile to you

i do it to clear the mind , and for the reward for the effort put in

cheers from a beginner who only dreams and never dug a hole hahaha :lol:

and cheers to you :beer: i hope you find the treasure you seek :money: :rainbow: :gemstone: :pickshovel:

Trusted said:
It's called tough love

it is

If you are heartbroken, go to your wife for that

to old for that :(

I'm sick and tired of people crying out about thier gold locations.

me too

Let me put it to you this way kidd, I've had more gold thieves than you can imagine,thats why my avatar is "trusted"

i trust no one ;)
The worst offenders are the ones that have time on thier hands and I've heard it all before, oh I've never done a Dirty on anyone, this is my spot, I found this spot first, the list goes on with excuses

no excuses here mate :cool: i did the work :power: i found virgin ground O:) :cool: and it got looted

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

no :bomb: needed (i do see others opinions) , an just another hard learnt lesson ;)

what doesn't kill you is said to make you stronger :power: an a little wiser as well

Ha, I've only been detecting a year but I seem to have attracted a following out here in middle of nowhere Vic. A couple of months ago when I first started detecting sites marked on an 1860's map, there were no detector holes to be seen. Within perhaps two outings/days, a bunch of new holes started to appear, cut with a shovel where I was just using a trowel and screwdriver. Someone must have seen me while driving past and decided to get in on the action! I saw their car a few times pulled up at the site, good luck to 'em I guess, haven't seen them lately and took pretty much my best finds out after they had a pretty good crack at it. At least they were reasonably good at filling their holes!

Latest posts