Finding books....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not always the cheapest place to find books but when interested in a subject of whatever kind, I use BOOKFINDER dot COM by using the TITLE or the AUTHOR bars to search for books in the book search engines...
https://www.bookfinder.com/ I conserve energy as much as possible...... then if I find a book I may want, I then search the field for the cheapest source of a copy... as I find many book shop owners do not know the value extractable in their books and will sometimes toss out an old book that is worth hundreds of dollars (and I only cover a tiny part of the globe, and collect books as a hobby that is worth over $200,000 in just a few years...
Not bragging just saying that books are like gold nuggets that are an overlooked resource, as (I feel that) many people have been conned into the intelligent 8 year old knowledge level of what we are fed via TV and generic media... and thus toss out books of high quality . . .and I feel this (tossing away of our knowledge) is a form of madness, but then again they may feel that I am mad collecting books worth more than $30 each retail... (anyhow... I do not mind what others do.do not do... )…
Gold Nuggets come in many forms, and often will not come from what everyone does, and thus gold is where one finds it, and as Kerry Packer said "When others are selling, it is an opportunity to buy" and in the Antique Trade it is said "We make our profit when we buy (well)"…
I find all sorts of books by searching when time allows,... and is a variety of internet surfing...... and I sometime spend hours doing so... and sometimes a few bargains appear like gold where I can buy a book for $40 and the next one for sale is $640... It has happened more that fingers on two hands...
There is gold in them thare books boyss... I have about twenty books that are worth more than $500 selling price and some are in the $1000s, that cost me less than $5 (and mostly only a dollar or two, as I am a tight ass when it comes to buying stuff I store for later on, as I sell very few, to no books right now, but will when my body says "sit down you fool"…ha!
{and we get to read the books we buy as well...}…
I will slowly make a list of good . . .'book search engines'
...and post it herein in the next month or so...
Anyhow... this writing was triggered by comments from the Palmerston Gold Fields of the mid 1800s... and books thereof.. cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I have found booko.com.au to also be a great resource for finding new and second hand books. It's probably no where as big as bookfinder though.

Latest posts