I'm over it

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No point getting upset if it's public ground, just think yourself lucky no one else gave it a hammering earlier.
Don't forget other people have a brain too, and will look at a likely spot, that person probably had no idea you had been going there, they may see you come along one day and say, what the hell is this guy doing in "MY SPOT". He might get just as angry at you.
It might hurt, but if it's public land then everyone has a fair go at it, prob 100 people before you had a crack there too, but modern detectors are picking up more targets.
Soldier on, don't just give up because one bloke found some stuff in your favourite public area.

Im guessing the spot CTX is talking about is well off the beaten track though and required a lot of research into pinpointing it.
And from the sounds of it he might have let on to someone too much info about the spot as he suggested he knows who hit it.
I think its a bit different than expecting a public park to be clear of other detectorists, sounds like someone might have even been following him to the spot or something equally as devious.

1541575313_detectorists.jpg

Here's the culprits :Y:

AussieChris said:
Im guessing the spot CTX is talking about is well off the beaten track though and required a lot of research into pinpointing it.
And from the sounds of it he might have let on to someone too much info about the spot as he suggested he knows who hit it.
I think its a bit different than expecting a public park to be clear of other detectorists, sounds like someone might have even been following him to the spot or something equally as devious.

correct all round mate :(

It would be pretty funny if it turned out to be one of your mates who just dug random holes everywhere just to annoy you.
That one crossed your mind?
Why are there so many holes there? Did you miss that many targets?
Or is one of your mates wetting himself laughing right now?

Agh not the Ben hall location mate . You would of been followed for sure , no one knows where he went so your reserch would of helped whoever was following. I had a fella on the weekend come up with an acec300i out of knowhere and started a chat , he pulled out his phone and showed me Picts of finds and as usual I get asked what I had found . I said nothing yet , then he said some bloke found a 24k cross with a neclace , i.e this below
1541589128_ca8f9f1f-f970-44a1-a2d3-91456678525f.jpg

1541589128_7e07e3b8-11c4-4858-8f99-8d1241b83b18.jpg

I said how did you find out about that - ah Facebook . I dont have a Facebook , but the pics end up there sometimes . The bugger knew it was me . I said yeah that I found it on the end of a 12 hour hunt in 2 to 3 feet of water . I said Im heading over the border to a park to hunt silvers and before I looked up he was already walking away , got in his car and headed in that direction , lucky for me I always tell people the opposite of what Im doing and he probably ended in the middle of knowhere while I cleaned up :perfect: to all the lurkers out there - no respect from me!

Occasional_panner said:
No point getting upset if it's public ground, just think yourself lucky no one else gave it a hammering earlier.
Don't forget other people have a brain too, and will look at a likely spot, that person probably had no idea you had been going there, they may see you come along one day and say, what the hell is this guy doing in "MY SPOT". He might get just as angry at you.
It might hurt, but if it's public land then everyone has a fair go at it, prob 100 people before you had a crack there too, but modern detectors are picking up more targets.
Soldier on, don't just give up because one bloke found some stuff in your favourite public area.
I agree on our property we had early explores go thru and camp along the creeks cob an co had a rest stop on the edge of our property and as far back as I can remember someone has been looking for these sites and thinking they are the first there are old opal mines and they run around but we have never told them they are way down the list of those who have looked

ctxkid said:
Trusted said:
ctxkid said:
Trusted said:
You've been shown an area, can you be trusted? :bomb:
i reckon so :Y:

post me the coords ;)

What goes around, comes around.
i have never done the dirty on anyone , if you think i have , please explain

You did a Dirty or not, who can you trust?
The gold is yours when it's in your hands and not in the ground, public land or private land.
No one can be trusted, you've been shown an area, your mates have been shown, the area was mentioned, you are seen driving around the area, tyre tracks have been spotted, your wife mentioned it to friends by accident, your mate took his mate, his mate took his mates and so on and so on and the secrets out.
Boom :bomb: the gold is gone.

Occasional_panner said:
It would be pretty funny if it turned out to be one of your mates who just dug random holes everywhere just to annoy you.

nobody knew the location 8.( i took every target (trust me, right down to using the 6in coil around and into the middle of tussock clumps) well at least i think i did

i only dig things that ring the bell in coin mode , i don't dig everything, i only want coin :Y:
i may miss cool things , but they are not my interest

i hope the basturds rot for what they have done :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:

Trusted said:
ctxkid said:
Trusted said:
ctxkid said:
Trusted said:
You've been shown an area, can you be trusted? :bomb:
i reckon so :Y:

post me the coords ;)

What goes around, comes around.
i have never done the dirty on anyone , if you think i have , please explain

You did a Dirty or not, who can you trust?
The gold is yours when it's in your hands and not in the ground, public land or private land.
No one can be trusted, you've been shown an area, your mates have been shown, the area was mentioned, you are seen driving around the area, tyre tracks have been spotted, your wife mentioned it to friends by accident, your mate took his mate, his mate took his mates and so on and so on and the secrets out.
Boom :bomb: the gold is gone.
i have figured it down to 3 people , 2 from my research, one from being told by one of the first two 8.( 8.(

Danny13 said:
Agh not the Ben hall location mate . You would of been followed for sure , no one knows where he went so your reserch would of helped whoever was following.
sure was 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

i put hundreds of hours into tracking small snippets of info , putting it all together , an some butt head does this :awful: :awful: :awful:

every dog has it's day ;)

Danny13 said:
Agh not the Ben hall location mate . You would of been followed for sure , no one knows where he went so your reserch would of helped whoever was following. I had a fella on the weekend come up with an acec300i out of knowhere and started a chat , he pulled out his phone and showed me Picts of finds and as usual I get asked what I had found . I said nothing yet , then he said some bloke found a 24k cross with a neclace , i.e this below https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9128_ca8f9f1f-f970-44a1-a2d3-91456678525f.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...9128_7e07e3b8-11c4-4858-8f99-8d1241b83b18.jpg

I said how did you find out about that - ah Facebook . I dont have a Facebook , but the pics end up there sometimes . The bugger knew it was me . I said yeah that I found it on the end of a 12 hour hunt in 2 to 3 feet of water . I said Im heading over the border to a park to hunt silvers and before I looked up he was already walking away , got in his car and headed in that direction , lucky for me I always tell people the opposite of what Im doing and he probably ended in the middle of knowhere while I cleaned up :perfect: to all the lurkers out there - no respect from me!

hope this doesn't get deleted :eek: but here goes

facebook sux ]:D :skull:

it is a stalkers paradise ]:D

we should all think about this ;)

ctxkid said:
Occasional_panner said:

nobody knew the location 8.( i took every target (trust me, right down to using the 6in coil around and into the middle of tussock clumps) well at least i think i did

i only dig things that ring the bell in coin mode , i don't dig everything, i only want coin :Y:
i may miss cool things , but they are not my interest

i hope the basturds rot for what they have done :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:
If you feel you already took every target..Why are you so pissed...Am I missing something :(

Latest posts