Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a couple of places for detecting there was old lease there and have a couple of places I'd love to pan if knew what I was doing been riding dirt bikes there for over 20years so know the place pretty well.

I finally got out today for a few hours,the first time in over 12 months. I went to a spot that I have found a piece before and the track in didn't look like it had been used for quite some time. I parked in my usual spot and walked along a motor bike track,across a creek and started detecting. A few hundred meters into the scrub I noticed car tracks that looked like someone had bashed a track in from who knows where and it also looked like someone had been in there with a bobcat or backhoe and scraped the top layer off in half a dozen spots. A little further on I found where someone had dug a hole about 4' x 5' around a tree and down about 2' into the roots,the ground is hard and it would of taken a lot of doing to dig it but they have just walked off and left it open with no sign of trying to fill it in. There were a few much smaller holes that were left open as well so I guess it's time for me to be looking else where. What is it with some people or are they just uneducated on the does and don'ts ? Oh yeah,no luck for me other than rubbish and 2 tiny lead slugs that where down about 8" so my settings must be somewhere near ok..

Cheers...

Yeah frustrating isn't it.
For me when I get a spot like that and someone rips it up like that.... It kinda feels like that spot has been violated lol.... Some people forget that you need to treat the bush like a good woman.

Don't take more than you need.
Look after it.
Treat it with respect.
Build up an intimate knowledge of your spot/spots.
Clean up your mess.

And like a good woman you'll get rewarded for your efforts and respect.

Looks a bit sus someone digging a hole that big, and going to the trouble to bring a machine in. Think I would have been tempted to report it.

Mike.

Yeh we have seen this type of thread too many times......we have argued, spat and all we seem to do is draw unwanted attention!

There will always be the tossa's amongst us who refuse to do the right thing.

Please....fill in your holes and take your rubbish with you, its not hard to pile it out of the car and into the blue lid bin when we get home....keep it out of our grand state forests lads ;)

Bless the gold gods!

Wouldn't have been anyone off of this forum LC76, be some mug that's never even heard of this forum in their entire life ,.... mugs ! :|

Normally i wouldnt care too much and just kick the dirt back in myself after swinging the coil over it first.

But open holes in the middle and edges of the tracks? wtf is wrong with people.

There seriously needs to a better education system in place or make it a requirement when purchasing a detector to attend an information day and a requirement to join an org like PMAV before getting a detector.

They need to be caught . Makes it harder for all of us who do the right thing to get on peoples land . The only stations i can get on in f n qld are the ones that the station know me and have never seen me leave a hole . On one station a couple of years ago some bastard came in and left alot of holes in a vally that a dingo shooter spotted and czme straight to my camp and he basically said go fill the holes or leave . It took me 6 hrs but did find 3 real small bits they missed for my trouble . A year later the station sold and new owner wont let anyone in because of previouse probs on another station

Came across this and another the same size in the whipstick....theres holes and then there's excavations....sheesh
Another same size in background.
tViIoWw.jpg

Bloody environmental terrorists realy give me the shits going to wreck it for all of us and also raking should be spread out again big piles of leaves and branches make for perfect snake homes .