Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure its because of the 7000. I think its that with all of the publicity lately over large nuggets being found plus social media making info about detecting more accessible, people who think they can make a quick buck go and buy or hire a detector and dig every hot rock, bit of junk and random noise they hear.
These people tend to have no interest in leaving the area as they found it and, especially after digging a few junk targets, they quickly move on to the next target without refilling hole.
It makes me a little sad as these people will cause detecting to be banned in all but a few areas.

Does this look like one of the holes you speak of?
I dug this sucker today for a golf sized piece of junk with the 4500 and a 14" round. Was a good 20 min workout going like a cut cat haha

1434025556__img_000000_000000.jpg

Hey Walshie, just think of the mussels your building up theresome people pay lots of money for a good workout :D

Haha maybe I should start a personal training business. Have people pay me to come and dig my holes.

Way ahead of youGot the wife and kids out with me on Saturday digging my holes at the beach :cool:

Haha you've got it all worked out! At least its a bit easier going at the beach. It woulda taken my misses 3 days to dig this hole haha

sadly i have made holes like described, only to find a 22 shot, how do those little buggers get so far in , an i only use a now outdated 5000 8.( :8

I've dug as deep holes with a SD2200D - don't think it's the machine in question really just the person swinging it who can't be bothered refilling them. I think SteelPat has hit the answer on the head. A new machine, some nice nuggets, advertising etc. & we are seeing a mini gold rush & an increase in undesirable behaviours to go with it, regardless of machine used. Some may be by 7000 users that are getting previously undetected targets but they are probably some of the same people doing it when there was only VLF's & the SD2000 came out. I don't think much will change - there will still be holes left open after the mini rush. All you can do is keep yourself satisfied your doing the right thing & try to promote that especially if helping new people out.

PabloP said:
Hopeful1 said:
We own about forty acres not far from Daisy Hill and when we went down the front twenty acres last week it looked like a war zone with bomb craters everywhere. One of those lovely "fence jumping night detectorists" with a 7000? had been hard at work, and as you would expect from a lowlife, no holes filled in, in the middle of tracks and anywhere he could that wouldn't be seen.
I can tell you that I will be talking to all my neighbours and telling them about it and that will help ensure that they won't let anyone detect on their land, the stupid thing is these idiots ruin it for the genuine blokes.
We've owned this land for about twelve years and had the odd fence jumper but this individual is an absolute idiot, if he gets caught you can bet I'll do everything to see him prosecuted for theft because that's what it is. He didn't jump the fence to pick daisies and if he found and removed gold it is theft and a criminal act.
The more of these morons that get out there the worse it will be for everyone else. And finally anyone who reckons he has to go detecting at night is up to no good - the only reason for that is to make sure no one sees you.
Hofeful1

You can set up a few of those IR cameras designed for capturing wildlife around the perimeter, as they only record based on detecting motion so should last a while on the available memory. Similar to that shown on the Ebay link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/261...2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107&chn=ps

Hopefully if they come back, then you have got the @@#$$ards.

Rob P.
And random signs around the property warning of video surveillance as well.
Perhaps there is an electrical transmitter that will send out a constant signal on a certain bandwidth that will interfere with the detector operation ?

GaryO said:
Perhaps there is an electrical transmitter that will send out a constant signal on a certain bandwidth that will interfere with the detector operation ?

Such a device would be illegal for use in Australia because of possible interference with radio/TV transmissions, mobile phones, aircraft navigation systems, emergency services radios, etc.

goldtruck59 said:
Walshie if I dug a hole like that it would take me a couple of hours or more and then I would have to go home for a nap and a massage LOL :eek:
After you've filled the hole in I hope hehe............

I think it's like others have said, the new hype surrounding detecting at the moment coinciding with the release of the 7k.
I've met a few different people lately at weddings, work and other general places that are getting into prospecting and especially detecting, majority have bought a really basic machine (Aldi, Jaycar etc.) and tell me how they're heading out to find their fortunes in the gold fields, most haven't even realised they need a miners right so I would be hedging my bets that it is the uneducated newbie (as in new to prospecting) that has contributed to the amount of holes left open, and of course you'll always have an element that simply don't give a stuff that would make up the balance.

ProspectorPete said:
goldtruck59 said:
Walshie if I dug a hole like that it would take me a couple of hours or more and then I would have to go home for a nap and a massage LOL :eek:
After you've filled the hole in I hope hehe............

I think it's like others have said, the new hype surrounding detecting at the moment coinciding with the release of the 7k.
I've met a few different people lately at weddings, work and other general places that are getting into prospecting and especially detecting, majority have bought a really basic machine (Aldi, Jaycar etc.) and tell me how they're heading out to find their fortunes in the gold fields, most haven't even realised they need a miners right so I would be hedging my bets that it is the uneducated newbie (as in new to prospecting) that has contributed to the amount of holes left open, and of course you'll always have an element that simply don't give a stuff that would make up the balance.
Inevitability with the zed comes lower prices for older models. Not a detecting thing, just simple economics. So when the price drop comes new parties pick up a machine and the number of uneducated or ignorant purchasers head out to seek their fame and fortune. Something happens to ordinarily sane people sometimes when they conjure up images of large nuggets that just need to be swung over and dug out. Social and mass media tend to fuel this belief.
Any how I guess I'll just keep back filling as I go, part of being responsible I guess. It's not just swingers, I've back filled creeks, gullies and banks. I've waved at the dredgers. It's endemic.

Very poor form lads blaming new tech on unfilled holes. (Aka Zed).

If your pissed cause you dont have one, then dont throw stones cause you know f**k all about them or those that use them.

If you assume, you make an ASS out of U and ME.

Meta

Agreed mate. Its people, not technology digging the holes and choosing not to fill them. Although my dick smiths detector is better than any minelab. Closely followed by an aldi detector.

Latest posts