Fill Your Bloody Holes in

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimAu said:
Hopeful1 said:
And finally anyone who reckons he has to go detecting at night is up to no good - the only reason for that is to make sure no one sees you.
Hofeful1

Dunno about that mate, I go out at night from time to time for the simple fact that it's too dam hot and noisy in summer.

I also go out at night because i live so far from the gold fields that i have to do as much as possible while i'm there. But i never go on private land. Generally swag in the bush and just potter around the camp at night.

1434252524_img_20150614_132722.jpg
1434252544_img_20150614_132747.jpg

Seems testing has started on the GPZ 10k!!!!!!!!
If you can ignore the obvious lack of backfilling you have to admit that's mighty impressive.

Goldtarget said:
Seems testing has started on the GPZ 10k!!!!!!!!
If you can ignore the obvious lack of backfilling you have to admit that's mighty impressive.

I hope you checked for a signal in the bottom, in case whoever dug it gave up too soon! :D

Lot of digging if they only found trash, and hope thaty was the case as that would be punishment for not back filling. Other alternative is that it's for some other future purpose, now that's scary to think about :( :(

Well, getting it back on track then. I doubt that hole is that recent that its from a 7000 user? Looks pretty old goldtarget. Neat though. But we'll never know unless somebody spots them doing it and what machine they're using, or they fess up.

Good Lord that's A Hole and A Half,

I don't think it was Junk, Because they could not bother to fill in the hole, I doubt they would have bothered to Take Away the Junk, Maybe it was A Pit with Lots Of small Bits of Gold In It,

They are Very Neat and Tidy Holes, Maybe they are Test Pits ??

Just an Idea.

I don't think you'd dig so neat for a signal, agree with RR about being a test hole.
Regardless, it should have been backfilled.

ProspectorPete said:
I don't think you'd dig so neat for a signal, agree with RR about being a test hole.
Regardless, it should have been backfilled.

Another thing that Makes me think that they are test Holes Is, The Bottom of the Hole Seems Very Flat and that's Not Normal, Because as soon as we retrieve Our Target we have had enough Not Carry On and Make it so Neat,

Maybe there Is a Mining Crowd About to move In and they are Doing these to see If it Is worth It, That Is Most Likely the Case, And If you do A Search at the Offices where they Keep Such Records You might Find an Answer to this Riddle.

Another thing is they were Dug before the Last Rain In the Area, Because the Bottom Is All Damp and the Spoil heaps are all smoothed over and Crusted from a lot of water. Look At The Cracks In The Mud on the Left Side Of The Last Picture. The have been there A While.

John

Didn't take photos but south marybourgh there has been some trenches dug that would put the old megafauna to shame

on saturday i had to fuel my bike at a random spot on the side of the road in the brisbane valley, between oconnel and black springs, to my dismay there where numerous un filled holes , even right on the tar edge
lots of quartz an stuff about, the spot did look the good's , but feck if ya gunna dig the holes, fill the buggers in, there were holes of some depth and a lot of scratching around
the people in question should be ashamed, you are the one's on get rich quick drive that are going to screw it for all of those that do the right thing
rant over

Doctor said:
the people in question should be ashamed...

Sadly, the people concerned couldn't give a flying fig about screwing it up for everyone else, and it's exactly the same with people who litter everywhere, or get drunk and assault others. The only way to change this is to punish offenders and educate the rest. And I can't see that happening soon, if ever. :(

Latest posts