Easter Saturday Nuggets from Tuena/Trunkey Region

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chris,Franma,Croc,Lbg,Dozer.....was a bit disappointed that the creek was dry, as was looking forward to a few days Hi-banking :( ....guess the disappointment faded somewhat when the 21 gramer jumped out of the hole :eek: ....the " little Easter Eggs were appreciated as well "....Cheers Wal :)

Awesome Wal!

Did Liz give the Whites a run?

Less than 2 weeks and I'll hopefully be digging my own yellow in the Mudgee region!

Not yet Ben...we only stayed the day and then went to GG for the sapphires...(no big gold there ) :( .She will definitely use it on the next trip and wants to see how many of the gpx5000 signals she can pick up. Should be an interesting comparison. :) How is your new 5000 going..??.Have you had it out in the field yet..??? Cheers Wal.

Had it out a couple of times. Still figuring out the settings and ground balancing etc. Keep in mind that there wasn't much big gold here, the biggest single piece I know of being found with a detector is 29g and was when the 2000's first came out.

I got hold of a Coiltek 10x5 mono but may end up chasing a Nugget Finder 8x6 or 12x7 for it yet. Planning to go out again this weekend before we head away next weekend.

shivan said:
Great stuff guys :cool: What a great easter suprise :D

thanks mate...glad I moved away from the massive crowds :D ...paid off for a change....glad you guys had a little water to run the bankers :) ...creek looked pretty low from what we saw of it...Cheers Wal. :)

Shouldn't take you long at all to get the hang of it... ;) and i'll be looking forward to some nugget pics soon :) ...best of luck mate.Cheers Wal. :)

Evening there Wal .. The 14x9 Blitz is a great coil .. I've got number 28 off the production line.

Ben, don't discount the I1 inch mono that came in the box mate .. A very, very good coil around .. Just a tip, leave her in 'Fine Gold' and stick with factory settings until you get a bit more comfortable with the machine.. Run You GB in tracking, and remember to hit the green button and give her a pump or four regularly .. Set the threshold at 12:30 to 1 o'clock and maybe wind your gain up to 12 - 14 ... Low and slow, Ben, low and slow.
Check out the Treasure Talk section in 'Community on the Minelab Website for some excellent info about the 5000.

Good luck mate and let us know how you go.

Your right about the 14 x 9 CT, Digger ;) .....wouldn't be without one in my collection....and totally agree with the ML 11" mono....Cheers Wal. :)

TenOunce Tone said:
Great find Wal, bet you cant wait to get back.. gives a newbie confidence that there is still decent finds out there in the wild...

Never give up hope Tone and keep living the dream :) ....there's more gold out there in the dirt than you may think. ;) Those with a positive outlook will convert to a positive result and make their own luck...Cheers Wal. :)

Very nice Wal. Now you know your teasing me right now...I just wish I had a detector :)

Absolutely beautiful and whats even better you got it on video. Playing the vid would satisfy the fever on a rainy day. :)

Another fantastic video Wal, Liz really gets into it doesn't she :lol:. Well done to the both of you on such an amazing find.

And thank you for displaying the forum banner at the end mate, it's really appreciated.

Dozer said:
Very nice Wal. Now you know your teasing me right now...I just wish I had a detector :)

Didn't mean to tease Dozer ;) ...If there's water there you really don't need a metal detector, Just use your hi-banker... get the misses to sing and the gold should jump into your jar...lol, Cheers Wal. :)

joe said:
Absolutely beautiful and whats even better you got it on video. Playing the vid would satisfy the fever on a rainy day. :)

Thanks Joe....bit hard getting Liz anywhere without the vid cam.....she recons with a bit more practice Spielberg will be shaking in his boots...lol, Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts