Current fuel prices.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical gouging by the fuel companies. Even since the bombing in Saudi Arabia the price of a barrel of oil is still around $64US based on Singapore. The fluctuations have been minor.

When will our elected government do something to stop this price cycling. Doesn't happen in any other industry. Obviously they are terrified of the oil companies.

And how come I can buy fuel more cheaply in the bush where I live in Qld than I can say in Brisbane on many occasions. In Kingaroy, ULP91 has been $1.39.9 for months. No weekly or monthly fluctuations, just the one price. What does that say for the capital cities price gouging.

I paid $149 for unleaded the other day at my local

I try to only fill up once a month...

When I was traveling over to WA I think at one spot unleaded was $212 :(

Half a tank cost me $87 dollars and I only got a small tank...

Goody

Any excuse to put prices up as a previous poster mentioned a barrel of oil has not changed much. But I guess because we don't refine fuel here anymore and are part of opec we have no choice but to bend over and take it. Oil should be like any other commodity but it isn't.

ULP touching $1.69.9 in some places in Adelaide, Diesel still available at $1.39.9 at most places. RAA warning increases over weekend, yep school holidays will see the usual gouging.

Seen 95 at $1.84.9 so 98 will probably nudge $2 next week.

The day after the bombing I paid $1.76.9 for premium 98 but it has gone back to 1.67.9 now and a few days ago I fuelled up the Prado and it was 1.46.9 for premium 95. I still think it's expensive though glad I'm not paying what you guys are paying, total ripoff, hope it comes back down soon for you all.

Those that are running Diesel will also have a major increase in the price soon...
I travelled down to Numurka (Vic) 2yrs ago and fuelled up there, and when I commented about how I like his price at (1.49) he said its been that price for over 12 months.. No fluctuations in the country he said....

LW....

Just paid $141.9 for diesel still not to bad will probably jump tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Heatho said:
The day after the bombing I paid $1.76.9 for premium 98 but it has gone back to 1.67.9 now and a few days ago I fuelled up the Prado and it was 1.46.9 for premium 95. I still think it's expensive though glad I'm not paying what you guys are paying, total ripoff, hope it comes back down soon for you all.

I live in the middle of the NT filled up this morning $1.68 for premium 95,you lot are getting shafted

There is a rather good app for your android or Apple device called Fuel Map http://www.fuelmap.com.au/ it is free to download and use. It uses crowd sourcing, meaning it is up to the users to update the prices at the service stations and if everyone does it then it becomes a very accurate tool to get cheaper fuel for your vehicle.

1569409172_screen1.jpg

Travelling home from the GT on Monday we filled at Violet town unleaded 91 was $1.33.7, 40 kms up the Highway at a road stop it was $1.69.9 and we filled again at North Albury for $1.39.9, wife did not believe me when I did a quick check before we left when I told her about the $1.69.9, I use petrolspy, but as we went past she was able to see for herself. Looked to me like someone was out to make a quick profit. Have found it is always cheaper in the towns than the road stops.

Graham

Just filled up with diesel at Woolies in Ipswich for $1.38.7 That included my .04c discount.
Makes me a happy chappy as I'm about to head off to Hervey Bay and entertain the step grandkids for a few days out on the water :)

I filled up at 132.9 today... 150 litres on board with a full sub tank too.... Shell here on the GC are usually up there with Caltex...
Not this time tho as they have remained cheap while its Caltex and surprisingly a few 7-11's.... I think Shell is trying to tell Caltex something.... Perhaps Caltex has jumped the gun a bit too early. :)

Strangely No one has mentioned BP?.... Both Shell and Bp are still paying their big Fines and Damages caused by some Disasters years ago and are usually a few cents dearer than others.... :(

LW....

Phoenix76 said:
Typical gouging by the fuel companies. Even since the bombing in Saudi Arabia the price of a barrel of oil is still around $64US based on Singapore. The fluctuations have been minor.

When will our elected government do something to stop this price cycling. Doesn't happen in any other industry. Obviously they are terrified of the oil companies.

And how come I can buy fuel more cheaply in the bush where I live in Qld than I can say in Brisbane on many occasions. In Kingaroy, ULP91 has been $1.39.9 for months. No weekly or monthly fluctuations, just the one price. What does that say for the capital cities price gouging.

Not terrified mate, in total cahoots.
Even if you ignore dubious political links and appointments it all makes cents (pun intended) with 1 word.

Excise.

Why would I penalize a contactor who works on a fixed percentage filling my coffers that charges whatever the market will pay?

I remember the day I read in the news oil went above $100 per barrel for the first time. It was some years ago now. It was then a coworker who made the case of why the government wouldnt stop rises.

Remember when we were going to run out of oil?

Feels like the media been lying to me for a long time.

Scored diesel this afternoon in Seymour for $1.439 :) 1 cent cheaper than before the bombing :perfect: :clap: :clap: BP on ANZAC Avenue Seymour :trophy: What makes this a ripper buy is I filled up this morning on my way to Melbourne at BP South bound Wallan for $1.479 :( :N: Only topped up this arvo in Seymour because I could :beer:

Latest posts