Current fuel prices.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was about to pull into a servo but briefly paused as I noticed a price of 1.68 but then I realised that was the unleaded price. I couldn't get in there fast enough when I noticed the diesel
was just 1.48 :D :D

Compared to most other countries, our fuel prices here aren't too bad. England and Germany are both up over $2.40 per litre for petrol and diesel.

I can remember when living in Darwin and the price of diesel jumped over $1.00 a litre - there was public outcry. That was 17 years ago and during that time practically everything else has doubled in price. I could buy a carton of beer back then for around $20 -now $40. I could fill a shopping trolley with tucker at the supermarket for around $100 back in the early years of this century - the same today is more than $200.

When you consider that the average Australian weekly wage has almost doubled since the price of fuel at the pump jumped over $1.00 per litre, increases in fuel prices have lagged behind just about everything else.

Just filling up with diesel. This is one of the cheaper servos in Adelaide. Big variation in price around here. BP is almost 1.30 :argh:
1601696374_img_20201003_130712.jpg

Up here today my local 7-11 is $1.02 for 91 unleaded... 500m away at the Shell, 91 Unleaded is $1.49... A rise just in time for the end of School Holidays... :skull:

But oh no they are not Gouging us... Just a normal 'Cycle' they say.... :mad: :mad:

Both tanks in 'Mitzy' are full now.. So next time I need fuel it will be cheap again... :lol: :perfect:

That's how I beat them... :p :lol:

LW...

Jaros said:
That's why I never buy Shell or Caltex for that matter. :(

Jaros, We live about 10km's from the WA BP refinery yet their fuel in our area is the dearest. Almost always buy my fuel from Caltex with the 4cents discount with a Woolies card.
Can buy fuel in Leonora cheaper than BP in Perth? Go figure.

Nightjar said:
Jaros said:
That's why I never buy Shell or Caltex for that matter. :(

Jaros, We live about 10km's from the WA BP refinery yet their fuel in our area is the dearest. Almost always buy my fuel from Caltex with the 4cents discount with a Woolies card.
Can buy fuel in Leonora cheaper than BP in Perth? Go figure.

Puts the old we have to pay transport costs under the spotlight a bit when fuel is actually cheaper in regional centres compared to facilities close to fuel terminals.

OzzieAU, I use Liberty 99% of the time, I get mine cnr Mooringie Ave and Morphett Rd Camden Park when Im down that way. Had absolutely no issues running their diesel and its usually 7 to 15c per litre cheaper than other local servos.

Best one I got told by an LPG dealer, when I was driving dual fuel ULP/LPG. (Prices may be incorrect as memory fades, lol, but the differences are the point.)

In Adelaide metro LPG was say 70c / litre. In Port Pirie (roughly 200kms north) it was 85c / litre. The fuel comes from Port Bonython near Whyalla, which is a little under 400kms north.

The excuse that freight is a factor seems out of place considering Pirie is roughly half way. :)

OzzieAu said:
Goldfreak, where do Liberty source their diesel...and is it of equal quality to say BP, which always seems the dearest brand. Do you notice any difference in your rigs performance using it ?
Have not noticed any difference. I dont know ifnit comes from the same source but would not be suprised. For the work trucks we have been going to Mobil X. We used to go to the big BP in Wingfield. They have a nice facility but I notice you dont have to que there for fuel any more and most of the trucks there seem to be parked up now just to use the shower facilities, break up traikers or grab some food.

in the early 80's I lived in Mt Isa, we could buy Morton Bay Bugs there way cheaper than back on the coast at Cairns or Townsville.

On the border at Albury unleaded around $1-08-$1-15 with diesel anywhere from $1-15 up

BP Diesel is and has been $1.20 for a while now, around June. Don't pay attention to ULP I only fill jerry cans (4 at a time) with premium for small engines every now and then.

I was going to buy (still might) a 10k litre diesel tank and purchase wholesale, which will save upto 10k annually. The savings say do it, just not sure how long I'll need that volume hopefully not to much longer. Wholesale was as low as $0.80 cents per litre not sure what it is now.

If you have a Costco close by or in proximity to your regular travels it's worth looking into, their bowser price is wholesale :Y: no matter how much you buy.