Adventure bike, detector and ya swag

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1423119092_image.jpg

Wish I still it had lads, I'd have my bags packed ready to go, now I have my eyes set on a KTM 1190r, only about 29.556ounces short 8.(

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well to be honest a little scooter like above would be the best compromise overall and i will be looking at selling the quad to find something else to play around with for the year' I should have kept one of my posties....

This ex postie bike also carried a bloke of 150kg plus. He had ridden it around Oz a couple of times before this.

1423120462_postiebike.jpg

Ridge Runner said:
Doctor said:
the red one is a darn sight rarer , only 6 i know of in OZ

The Black one is not a good idea in the Bush, that'll get real Hot.

I think SDC's and ATX's would be the Order of the Day, what do ya Reckon??

an SDC would fold nicely , right on the money :cool:

Doctor said:
nuggetino said:
Doctor said:

Wow, that's an amazing looking DR BIG. Is yours 750 or 800cc? I'd swap my DR650 for one in a heartbeat. Any video's of the beast?

it's an 800, DR800SM 91 model :cool:

i have one of these as well 8)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...AAAAAM_k/CBoJkc3MOXE/s800/WP_20140802_001.jpg
Oooooh :eek: ooooooh :eek: oooooooh :eek: oooooooh :eek: , whooooooo :D

PabloP said:
Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well to be honest a little scooter like above would be the best compromise overall and i will be looking at selling the quad to find something else to play around with for the year' I should have kept one of my posties....

This ex postie bike also carried a bloke of 150kg plus. He had ridden it around Oz a couple of times before this.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4430/1423120462_postiebike.jpg

I had a Mate who rode a moped from London to South Africa for A 5.00 Bet (about 8.00 Bucks), It took him a while be he made it,

Nope! I'm turning my back on this topic' this year is about spending the least amount possible and finding some good gold! No time for biking.... Unless I dig up a few old ones from dads when I'm up that way' and build a contraption " ts 90 rotary 2 stroke into a Honda Trail 70' fold down hangers.... Yeah that will work

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Nope! I'm turning my back on this topic' this year is about spending the least amount possible and finding some good gold! No time for biking.... Unless I dig up a few old ones from dads when I'm up that way' and build a contraption " ts 90 rotary 2 stroke into a Honda Trail 70' fold down hangers.... Yeah that will work

Yep. Im there with ya. I got lots to do this year and have spent a fourtune since septembwr and i gotta pull my head in for a bit.

Andyndan said:
Ridge Runner said:
Andyndan said:
That's awesome everyone . So when are we going . :eek:

Well I plan on doing something like that when I come home, So it's already Growing in my mind,

John

Home. Where are you . Well let me know and we can all plan a trip. Would be tops :)

I'm in the UK at the moment because my Brother has got a Brain Tumour and my Son is in College over here, And as soon as things improve with my brother I will be coming home,

john

Ridge Runner said:
Andyndan said:
Ridge Runner said:
Andyndan said:

Well I plan on doing something like that when I come home, So it's already Growing in my mind,

John

Home. Where are you . Well let me know and we can all plan a trip. Would be tops :)

I'm in the UK at the moment because my Brother has got a Brain Tumour and my Son is in College over here, And as soon as things improve with my brother I will be coming home,

john

Oh nooo. That's no good . Best wishes for him and his health. My grandfather has a stage 4 brain tumor so I know where your at. It's shit house .

Andyndan said:
Ridge Runner said:
Andyndan said:
Ridge Runner said:
Andyndan said:

John

john

Oh nooo. That's no good . Best wishes for him and his health. My grandfather has a stage 4 brain tumor so I know where your at. It's shite house .

He got it because he slipped on some oil and smashed his face on a Curb stone at a bus depot, He had it removed but it grew back within 5 months,

Andyndan said:
That's so sad john. I hope the bus depot are covering medical bills

yep its not good but he's doing ok, and like a lot of big companies they know how to get around such problems,

John

Andyndan said:
Well best of luck to him and your family . Take care. And may the gold be with you :)

Well I have been doing some checking out the bikes in OZ and the DR and the Yamaha XT's etc, And theres quite a lot that will fit the Bill, I don't want anything too heavy for in the bush but it has to have the power and speed to maintain normal road speeds fully loaded And there is a lot in the style of the DR or Trans Alp style that are perfect for making the trip,

My other choice was to get a Troopy like the 1996 onwards models and add a few bits to it, and get some small type of camper/Caravan,
Still I got a little while to work out which will work the best,

John

Latest posts