Adventure bike, detector and ya swag

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to be honest a little scooter like above would be the best compromise overall and i will be looking at selling the quad to find something else to play around with for the year' I should have kept one of my posties....

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Well to be honest a little scooter like above would be the best compromise overall and i will be looking at selling the quad to find something else to play around with for the year' I should have kept one of my posties....
Sure would be lighter to Tote than a Quad, I Use to have one of them Argo's 8 wheel drives Back in the 90s.

Ridge Runner said:
I Like that DR, that's the sort of thing I'd go for But for Highways I'd get a Cruiser,

Agreed, after about 5 hours in the saddle of the DR I'm alternating between sitting and standing as monkey butt syndrome kicks in.

Zuke, If you liked the DRZ minus the lack of comfort on road you'd probably be a happy camper with the DR650. It's whisper quiet at highway speeds and actually comfortable albeit with an aftermarket seat. It'll hang with the DRZ offroad just fine too. I spend a lot of time riding with my buddies on their DRZ's mainly on sand dunes as it's my favorite surface (hurts less when you fall) It's a 4 hour ride down to robe on the highway and I'm the only one on the bike with the exception of my mate on his KLR. Everyone else opts for a trailer.
8319714565_b89d82a8af_c.jpg

9061660551_fbde976c03_c.jpg

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLVRfFSPsyk[/video]

Cheers nuggetino'
I was very disapointed with the DRZ on the road as I really wanted to do a decent trip but just couldn't sit on it' dam it was shite on the road. I also like the concept of the KLR but just can't bring myself to purchasing anything I won't use all the time, I guess I'm just sick off gear sitting around....

Doctor said:
the red one is a darn sight rarer , only 6 i know of in OZ

The Black one is not a good idea in the Bush, that'll get real Hot.

I think SDC's and ATX's would be the Order of the Day, what do ya Reckon??

There were are a few belting around the triangle a couple of months ago. Pretty stock standard trail bikes with detectors slung or broken down. A couple of blokes I know set up a hide of sorts for their swags and gear during the day and detect from a central point. Great vehicles to use in winter - just avoid getting caught riding off formed tracks by the jolly green giant - a big no no.

Latest posts